Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Capture.png

: ostrich:

Winks isn't good enough, but Skipp did no more than Winks against Palace and yet WInks gets tons of abuse and Skipp absolutely nothing. Fast forward a few years from now and Skipp will be the new Winks here. Guaranteed.
Dunno about 'guaranteed' but yes, if Skipp doesn't live up to the initial hype immediately... then he will endure the contractually obliged wrath of sections of the Spurs fanbase.... which is a shame... but there it is.

Skipp will be our midfield anchor for the next 10 years.... and pop a coupla trophies in the cabinet to boot....

GUARANTEED!!

Terry Yorath? He was exactly what we needed when we got him. I loved John Pratt as well,for his effort alone.
I suppose it's about opinions.
The only player I recall back when I was a kid getting proper grief was Gordon Smith. We would have a striker injured,and the shelf would be shouting "number 4" when the sub was coming on. It was light hearted though.
TBF, Gordon Smith would probably be in my top 3 of worst players I've seen in a Spurs shirt.

John Pratt was one of my favourite Spurs players of the time. Nothing flshy, got stuck in and gave it his all.

I remember Villa away in the relegation season when relegation was all but confirmed by a defeat. He left the field arm in arm with Stevie P. They were both in tears.

My best memory of John Pratt was in the season we got relegated. 2-0 down at Old Trafford at HT.
2 goals back by the late Ian Moores . The winner was a 20 yard volley by John. A gutsy player who always gave his all. Midfield of Pratt. Perryman and Peters. They did all the graft so Martin could swan about and ghost in at the far post.
That game is still on YouTube .

Winks leaving?

I will not believe until I see it, the lad has survived windows after windows.

Man has more lives than a cat.
Won't surprise me in the slightest if he's still here in September. It's harder to shift dross like him than people think. He's got 2 years at 50K+ a week, somebody has to match those wages or make up the difference plus pay a fee for him. Then he has to agree to go there, which isn't a given.

This is the biggest club he's ever going to play for and his advisors know that. They won't give it away that lightly.

Back
Top Bottom