Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seriously Matt1882 Everton's scouting does appear to be the result of a forum trawl. Dacoure for example loads on here saying he was mustard and would improve Spurs. Luca Dinge was another, I've even heard folk say DCL should be a target. Oh an on this theme I have seen zero from Antony Gordon to justify any top four side throwing away millions on him. Lots of huff and puff that are a byproduct of youth little real game changing end product.

To be slightly fair, I think they've been a shit show for so long, a decent player will struggle.
Digne is a decent player and ran a mile as soon as he could.

I can't see anyone in the PL with a need for a central midfielder who's most obvious trait is dragging the entire team down when he plays.

Didn't appear in any of the training footage today so, again, pending the entire squad eating a poisoned lasagne, he won't be anywhere near the match day squad this weekend.

Slight bit of interest from Everton and their fans on their main forum started a mini riot on their forum.
Which put a stop to Winks joining them, can see the same happening at other clubs 🤣

You’re correct but that means he’ll just run down his contract for the next 18 months or so at £60k a week

That’s what I’d do if I ever found some organisation stupid enough to give me a contract like that

He’s probably scared by what happened to Wheelchair after his move there…

:mourpointlaugh:
I can see Winks being on the scrap head younger than Wheelchair was.
I suspect we've already seen the best he can offer. And that was years ago. Once he leaves the team he supports, I can't see him putting any effort/joy in.

I can see Winks being on the scrap head younger than Wheelchair was.
I suspect we've already seen the best he can offer. And that was years ago. Once he leaves the team he supports, I can't see him putting any effort/joy in.
He will go on loan to a poor PL club and absolutely tank. Loan terminated at Xmas, then stuck here until May 2023 - banished and not welcome at the training ground. An absolute shithouse of a player, would struggle to shine in Div 2.

I’m sure he could do a job at a team like Fulham or Bournemouth… a much lower level but tidy side that likes to pass the ball. He should have taken the opportunity to move when he had the chance in previous windows though… his stock has only got worse.

I’m sure he could do a job at a team like Fulham or Bournemouth… a much lower level but tidy side that likes to pass the ball. He should have taken the opportunity to move when he had the chance in previous windows though… his stock has only got worse.
The problem isn't these lower EPL teams but when the time comes to play opposition teams where the problem arises.
He's shown that he can't handle it and doesn't know what to do culminating in him doing sideways and backward passes and when he lose the ball he makes laughable tackles.
Maybe he should try the lower leagues.

Winks is Spurs through and through and although I agree he needs to move, it is disappointing that he is being treated so badly. It is reported that he is now no longer training with the first team. Along with the other rejects it surely only makes it harder for them to attract a new club. The other 3 are not long term Spurs players like Winks. I really hope he does secure some sort of move and that he will be welcome back when his playing days are over in some sort of Ambassador role.

Winks is Spurs through and through and although I agree he needs to move, it is disappointing that he is being treated so badly. It is reported that he is now no longer training with the first team. I really hope he does secure some sort of move and that he will be welcome back when his playing days are over in some sort of Ambassador role.
I wouldn't hold your breath!
It's as likely as Vinny Samways being given the half-time entertainment role!

Winks is Spurs through and through and although I agree he needs to move, it is disappointing that he is being treated so badly. It is reported that he is now no longer training with the first team. Along with the other rejects it surely only makes it harder for them to attract a new club. The other 3 are not long term Spurs players like Winks. I really hope he does secure some sort of move and that he will be welcome back when his playing days are over in some sort of Ambassador role.

Unfortunately leeches leech until you pull them off.

Back
Top Bottom