Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks Winks nudge nudge
There is currently lots of tedious discussion around who Man Utd and Liverpool should sign to strengthen their midfields, and I am surprised that nobody has suggested Harry Winks.

He has an excellent range of passing, a great engine and is positionally sound. He is also a top professional and is an England international in the prime of his career. I would be gutted to see him leave but with the sheer strength in depth Spurs have in our midfield currently he is our fifth choice central midfielder.

What do Man Utd and Liverpool fans think about this idea?

Barry Fox

That's from F365, some of our fanbase are complete fucking embarrassments, obsessed with an academy player who doesn't even fucking play anymore after spending his whole career here.

Edit. Likely some wanker like Soprano.

Last edited:
Winks is Spurs through and through and although I agree he needs to move, it is disappointing that he is being treated so badly. It is reported that he is now no longer training with the first team. Along with the other rejects it surely only makes it harder for them to attract a new club. The other 3 are not long term Spurs players like Winks. I really hope he does secure some sort of move and that he will be welcome back when his playing days are over in some sort of Ambassador role.
Yeah he’s done nothing wrong and certainly not on the lines of N’dombele yet being treated the same which is a bit shitty, I know players have power, more than they should have and down tools and don’t give a dam but Winks certainly doesn’t fall into that category….agreed it’s time to move on and he’d admit that himself ,I’m sure he’d not cause problems either he doesn’t seem that kinda lad ,fair enough he’s not his plans but he should be treated better certainly better than N’dombele

Winks Winks nudge nudge
There is currently lots of tedious discussion around who Man Utd and Liverpool should sign to strengthen their midfields, and I am surprised that nobody has suggested Harry Winks.

He has an excellent range of passing, a great engine and is positionally sound. He is also a top professional and is an England international in the prime of his career. I would be gutted to see him leave but with the sheer strength in depth Spurs have in our midfield currently he is our fifth choice central midfielder.

What do Man Utd and Liverpool fans think about this idea?

Barry Fox

That's from F365, some of our fanbase are complete fucking embarrassments, obsessed with an academy player who doesn't even fucking play anymore after spending his whole career here.
Utter bollocks. I knew it would take somebody as thick as you to post that clap-trap.

I think we all know what Liverpool and Utd fans think about Barry Fox's fucking daft ideas. Exactly the same as what most Spurs fans think about Winks and that is he's footballing garbage.

pile GIF

Ha, the bloke has protected his account.

Was waffling on that Winks only played for England because the FA has a big pro Spurs bias.
What, the same FA who picked Hoddle for England every single time?!

We've had a lot of England players, cos they are good...
But do me a favour, the FA have been shoehorning every Liverpool/Man U/Arse player in for DECADES.... much to the detriment of our International performances!

I can see him in Spain.
By the pool, with a campy cocktail. Talking in an OTT Essex wideboy accent. Awight geez.

Yeah he’s done nothing wrong and certainly not on the lines of N’dombele yet being treated the same which is a bit shitty, I know players have power, more than they should have and down tools and don’t give a dam but Winks certainly doesn’t fall into that category….agreed it’s time to move on and he’d admit that himself ,I’m sure he’d not cause problems either he doesn’t seem that kinda lad ,fair enough he’s not his plans but he should be treated better certainly better than N’dombele

Apart from being so bad he cost us points every time he plays.

Truth be told though, by far and away by biggest gripe is that he still have fans.
That's not really his fault. If people can't see a below average (at best) footballer who has stolen a living for years then they're the problem, more so than him.

I can see him in Spain.
By the pool, with a campy cocktail. Talking in an OTT Essex wideboy accent. Awight geez.

Apart from being so bad he cost us points every time he plays.

Truth be told though, by far and away by biggest gripe is that he still have fans.
That's not really his fault. If people can't see a below average (at best) footballer who has stolen a living for years then they're the problem, more so than him.

Yes there’s a few on here who still cream themselves when his name is mentioned 🕷

As soon as I see the open thread I’m hoping that he’s gone for good

He does play the occasional brilliant ball forward..then his system returns to normal mode and continues its side and back pass routine
Yeah

And the "give it away easily" routine. And don't forget the "go in hard for a tackle but miss it totally" routine.
Edit - ooh, and the "stand around watching the opposition score" routine

It's not that he's done nothing wrong, just that he hasn't done anything right.

Back
Top Bottom