Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What happened to him? Did he stop working when he turned 21?
Lost athleticism/ability to dribble due to his injury.

Lost the CM that dribbled/defended/won the ball. All things winks can’t do. Winks can pass and that’s it.

He also clearly thinks he’s better than he is which never helps someone that needs to analyze their weaknesses and improve them.

He only needs to see the unnecessary shit on social media to think, fuck it, I will stay and take the money for a while. If I was him, one look at that and I would think, sod them, I’ll go on holiday pick up my money and wait it out until January. I really don’t know why he gets so much shit. Sure he’s not great but he’s a spurs fan like us, he should be getting an easier ride.
Why? He's been made a multi-millionaire by THFC. Is that not enough?

Giving players an 'easier ride' because they support Spurs is fucking ridiculous. All players regardless of background should be judged equally.

Who cares if he supports Spurs, he's not special. We've paid him millions and he's failed to justify that so you get him the fuck out. This is not a charity that looks after and shelters helpless little midfielders just because they support Spurs.

BTW he's been staying and taking the money for the last 3 years so he's already doing what you suggest. That's what happens when you give Spurs fans 'an easier ride'.

Imagine being banished by your boyhood club while getting a load of abuse from your fans, and then literally no club in the entire world is willing to take you on.

Must be hard to take.

But then again he probably earns double in a week than I earn in a year
He's 26 and financially set for life. He'll never have to work again. Neither will his kids. He probably has 15- 20M plus banked over the course of the contract we gave him. If he isn't thinking he's truly blessed in life he needs a fucking reality check.

All this bollocks about his boyhood club is just fucking embarrassing. He's a professional footballer, if he was actually any good and other clubs offered him more money than Spurs he would have fucked off long ago. He's not here because he supports Spurs, he's here because we paid him millions of pounds to do a job that he has shown he can't do.

200.gif

Giving players an 'easier ride' because they support Spurs is fucking ridiculous. All players regardless of background should be judged equally.

Who cares if he supports Spurs, he's not special. We've paid him millions and he's failed to justify that so you get him the fuck out. This is not a charity that looks after and shelters helpless little midfielders just because they support Spurs.

BTW he's been staying and taking the money for the last 3 years so he's already doing what you suggest. That's what happens when you give Spurs fans 'an easier ride'.
He way well be a supporter of THFC but THFC has been in equal measure and more a supporter of Harry Winks

He’s garbage. League 1 is his level and he won’t accept that step down. Will be loaned, won’t play and will return a couple of times until his contract is up. He will be playing CM with David Beckham’s daughter, Romeo for Inter Miami reserves in 2 years
Daughter?

You really are a fucking prick.

He's 26 and financially set for life. He'll never have to work again. Neither will his kids. He probably has 15- 20M plus banked over the course of the contract we gave him. If he isn't thinking he's truly blessed in life he needs a fucking reality check.

All this bollocks about his boyhood club is just fucking embarrassing. He's a professional footballer, if he was actually any good and other clubs offered him more money than Spurs he would have fucked off long ago. He's not here because he supports Spurs, he's here because we paid him millions of pounds to do a job that he has shown he can't do.

On the other side of things, nobody held a gun to the head of club management to offer that contract. Some deals work out, others don’t.

Winks decline is very similar to Dele’s, once they lost their dynamism, their flaws have been laid bare to the world.

Winks decline is very similar to Dele’s, once they lost their dynamism, their flaws have been laid bare to the world.

I think the only similarity between their respective declines was that they both declined. The severity of the decline and reasons for it are really very different things.

On the other side of things, nobody held a gun to the head of club management to offer that contract. Some deals work out, others don’t.

That extension came at a time when the club was lacking dynamism themselves. A lazy extension that suited all parties at the time regardless of what the manager or fans wanted.

Pretty sure he signed the 5 year deal when Poch was still crying in his bedroom after the CL final.

great posts. hard to argue against them even if i wanted to play devil's advocate.

too many so called spurs fans actually want the club to be a charity, fucking bizarre.

FaheX3KUEAEUr7_

Presumably joining in with some of the indoor gym stuff and then separated from the team when they do any outside contact stuff so he doesn't get injured while we're trying to move him on
It’s actually a sad sight. I know he gets paid (a lot) to train not to be an automatic first team choice & I may be mellowing in my old age, but I don’t like to see someone’s dreams being thrown in the bin.
He’s no longer good enough, that’s a fact.
But it’s THFC that gave him a fat contract.
He’s turning up and doing what he’s contracted to do.
No need for all the hatred towards him.
He’s fallen off a cliff in the pecking order.
That’s bad enough without him being hounded.

It’s actually a sad sight. I know he gets paid (a lot) to train not to be an automatic first team choice & I may be mellowing in my old age, but I don’t like to see someone’s dreams being thrown in the bin.
He’s no longer good enough, that’s a fact.
But it’s THFC that gave him a fat contract.
He’s turning up and doing what he’s contracted to do.
No need for all the hatred towards him.
He’s fallen off a cliff in the pecking order.
That’s bad enough without him being hounded.
I think people just want to see some heart from him. Not running and hiding or playing safe.

Back
Top Bottom