Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love the kid's vision. If Trippier or Davies were in space out wide, he'd be sure to notice and pick them our with a nicely weighted ball. Was also good at recycling possession in the middle and releasing it with one-touch passes.

In that way, he's a much different beast to Dembele whose style is to dribble past the opposition before making a pass. If Winks carries on improving, then I see him being incredibly useful against teams that try to press us hard - a couple of quick one-touch passes and we'll be able to break through.

Noticed that he was trying to add surging runs into the box as a part of him game, too.

great performance today by Winks and reassuring that his injury last season has had no impact in his playing abilty. a little gem of a player and he is ours.

Great attitude, twinkly little feet, a proper poster boy in the making of all goes well. You can tell he'd be a Southgate favourite and for me he's an outside tip for the World Cup. Got a lot of ability, more than he even realises yet. Exciting times for the young lad I hope he goes all the way to the top

Great attitude, twinkly little feet, a proper poster boy in the making of all goes well. You can tell he'd be a Southgate favourite and for me he's an outside tip for the World Cup. Got a lot of ability, more than he even realises yet. Exciting times for the young lad I hope he goes all the way to the top

yes totally agree, great range of passing and ball control, can receive thr ball even when tightly marked and has great skill. its wont be long until he is in the england team, an area where we need good midfielders.

yes totally agree, great range of passing and ball control, can receive thr ball even when tightly marked and has great skill. its wont be long until he is in the england team, an area where we need good midfielders.

unfortunately for Harry or anyone else once in a generation superboy Wheelchair is a shoe in for England , the press are already eulogising him for his performances against Bulgarian sex traffickers on thursday nights claiming he's getting back to his best despite his best not being very good and him flopping at Bournemouth when fit. Wilshire only has to play 40% of games for a premier league side and he's first choice for England.

we all know wheelchair will get injured and Southgate will have no choice then but saddly you may be rights. he will play a few Europa games and the media are all begging him to be back in thr england side.

The lad really showed us what he has yesterday. A good game for him to be back in the starting line up and involved with the play. Poch lavishing praise on him can only be a good thing, who cares what the press think of other players. The more Wheelchair is mentioned on here the more the little fuck bag grows in strength. It wont take long before Winks is turning out in the England squads.

Pleased for him, but I really wish England would just fuck off.

This is how I felt, sort of in two minds.

Happy that Winks got a call up, but a little worried about his fitness. He could have done with the 1-2 week break here at home, rather than going on international duty.

This is how I felt, sort of in two minds.

Happy that Winks got a call up, but a little worried about his fitness. He could have done with the 1-2 week break here at home, rather than going on international duty.
Being with The England set up tends to knock a players' confidence, because frankly, it is so poorly run. After Woy's debacle in the Euro's a lot of our lads took some very harsh knocks from the media. I don't see much to suggest it's improved significantly under Southgate. However, I feel immense pride for any of our lads who are called up for their national side, because it reflects well on Spurs as a club, & Poch as the manager. He really is the Pied Piper when it comes to getting players into their national side. The problem that I have is that even with the pick of the crop (& Poch keeps providing England with top drawer players in various positions), a succession of English managers seem to have the negative Midas touch & i suspect it will be much the same under the current manager.

TLDR - yeah, mixed feelings of pride & a foreboding that SausageVince SausageVince may have a point.

Back
Top Bottom