Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if poch has instructed him to slow down the tempo and pass sideways he has got it down to a tee! :levylol:
Yeah, I guess thats what it looks like if you don't get what he's there for.
He worked well with LoCelso against SUFC and I think he will look even better if he has GLC and N'Dombele there to work with, as they are more aggressive attacking players, so he will naturally find them forward of where he receives or retrieves the ball.
His positioning allows them the opportunity to be aggressive knowing he is there to cover them if they lose the ball.

Winks needs to get stronger in the tackle if he wants to improve as a DM. His first reaction is to pass backwards or sideways and the % of decisive forward passes is low. Good as a squad player and if needed to hold a lead or away to a top team to hold onto the ball.

Winks looks low on confidence atm. Who isn't really currently. I remember him as a player who works hard defensively, outrun opposition midfielders and burst through the middle occasionally with his skill and pace. He's better than what he's showing now in the team.

Winks looks low on confidence atm. Who isn't really currently. I remember him as a player who works hard defensively, outrun opposition midfielders and burst through the middle occasionally with his skill and pace. He's better than what he's showing now in the team.

Same could be said about most of our team to be honest. Alot look like they're tactically stifled or just low on motivation.

He’s certainly down on form but he absolutely has a place here. Don’t want to see Winks and Sissoko as a CM pairing because that simply doesn’t work. He needs to be with a DM who we don’t have currently or preferably played in a midfield 3 with NDombele and a DM.

Dembele was better defensively and harder to knock off the ball, but Dembele slowed down our play more than Winks with his endless pirouetting in the centre circle before passing sideways. Dembele hardly ever played an incisive pass. So if that’s the criteria you are judging them then strange you think Winks is shit but Dembele was a god?
Dembele drove the ball 40-50 yarder at a time with his dribbles allowing other players to join the attack. He was a joy to watch on the ball, could take a pass anywhere and not lose it and regularly made opposition players look like children.

Winks. Well, hes neat and tidy, passes back to his centre back well, looks good with his shirt tucked in and his love island eyebrows look amazballs on Instagram.

Comms: "Our brightest performer in the first half"

:thumbup:

Edit: Ooooh look..... A troll cunt disagrees. #Winning

Last edited:
Always love a Winks celebration pic...
EJl8TLAW4AA_SMT

Back
Top Bottom