Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s our modern day Vinny Samways. That’s not meant as a criticism, as Samways improved a lot in his later years, and that’s the Samways who Winks reminds me of.

The problem is that latter day Samways was a water carrier and metronome. Churned the ball out to better players, but was never going to create chances or be any sort of goal threat. We need more than that.

A box-to-box, a quarterback, or a DM. We need a combination of two out of those three. Winks isn’t any of them. Ndombele is almost a box-to-box, Dier is almost a DM, Wanyama isn’t the DM he used to be, and we have no quarterback. I’d almost be tempted to move Vertonghen into midfield, but that’s risky and highly unlikely.

Winks is a decent player, but probably more at the level of Palace.

Please please please stop ..
The love for winks blinds you , I get it he a spurs fan and very passionate and I love him and want him to succeed .. but I can see that he is not good enough for a starting place for now .

People love him so much so every good pass or tackle thay will run to say his our Makélélé .

"he is not brave enough to show for the ball"
While I think I agree with most of what you say RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK , over the past 12 months+ that has been the one thing he has done. When the rest of our players dissappear, he's always presenting the option.
Unfortunately, as I would love the early promise to convert, he then doesn't do enough to move / create for an attack minded cm. And definitely never been anything more than an emergency stand in @ cdm.
For us I fear hell become a squad player, and better to head elsewhere.
But don't think he's ever been afraid to take the ball. Even when he knows his out ball was, at best, Sissoko in his "I have lead boots" phase

Please please please stop ..
The love for winks blinds you , I get it he a spurs fan and very passionate and I love him and want him to succeed .. but I can see that he is not good enough for a starting place for now .

People love him so much so every good pass or tackle thay will run to say his our Makélélé .

....Where/when?

Pretty sure this is a gross exaggeration on your part.

Horror show today, cost us their goal and lucky not to be sent off

Please Jose - him and Moussa in CM got Poch sacked - never again

On that display he is not good enough, but to be fair I’m not sure he made much contact at all with the Brighton player for the free kick that led to their goal.

He has some inspirational performances, and then he has those... Terrible today, very lucky not to be sent off.

I've said it lots of times I like him, but he does not think like a DM that's why he is running all over the place when defending, maybe with a real DM with him he may turn into a good forward thinking CM
but he is never going to be a DM

Another non-performance

Winks in a nutshell 👇

mRYz89x.gif

Seems like he just tried too hard. Like he is scared of losing his nailed on spot under Poch and thus went into the game too fired up to try and impress Jose.

He is great when he is comfortable but he was far from that today.

Obv he was not good today and made some stupid fouls but I thought he was not as bad as some are suggesting. He will be a valuable member of our squad this season.

Back
Top Bottom