Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite being very critic of Winks I think he has more to offer and can improve. Our midfield, as said for some people here, really doesn't make any favours to any player apart from Sissoko, who has the privilege to watch the game inside the pitch. Once we have a more prolific midfielder (maybe Hojberg), or a DM Winks will probably play better I think. But he needs to improve some parts of his games, if he develop a good shot, at least, will be a pretty usefull player.

Winks right now is Dier a few years ago - probably at his absolute most valuable in the transfer market.

He doesn't get much criticism in the media, gets picked for England and plays for us regularly.
If we could scam someone in to paying top dollar for him and we could use that help with the urgent rebuild required, would anyone at all lose sleep?

Despite being very critic of Winks I think he has more to offer and can improve. Our midfield, as said for some people here, really doesn't make any favours to any player apart from Sissoko, who has the privilege to watch the game inside the pitch. Once we have a more prolific midfielder (maybe Hojberg), or a DM Winks will probably play better I think. But he needs to improve some parts of his games, if he develop a good shot, at least, will be a pretty usefull player.
As I said in another thread. People have forgotten that Winks broke through as a ball carrying box to box midfielder. He's just assumed more defensive duties as our DMs have deteriorated or left.

Get a DM in and Winks can return to his original role and be the initial rival for Tanguy when it comes to a starting spot as the 8 in our midfield (assuming Gio takes the role of the 10).

As I said in another thread. People have forgotten that Winks broke through as a ball carrying box to box midfielder. He's just assumed more defensive duties as our DMs have deteriorated or left.

Get a DM in and Winks can return to his original role and be the initial rival for Tanguy when it comes to a starting spot as the 8 in our midfield (assuming Gio takes the role of the 10).

Careful; twats will just strawman the shit out of you and claim you said "Winks is better than Ndombele".

He has featured 28 times in the PL this season. Starts Vs sub I'm not sure.

Putting him in the same conversation as Winks is like me comparing myself to the Rock. He's better than me in every single thing apart from getting through small gaps.

Because Winks played 90 minutes; and GLC got hauled off at half time :)

If GLC didn't have a fancy foreign name, and was called Dave Smith; we would all be saying what an unproductive pointless signing he is.

Only if "we" didn't watch him play.

How people can claim to have watch Spurs all season long and still try to crap on GLC is amazing. He is the only player on the team with any creativity. Despite being asked to do the job of himself, Winks and Sissoko he still managed to go back get the ball off of them, take the ball up the field and still be able to make passes that Winks couldn't make in his wildest dreams.

It is mind blowing that someone could try to argue that Winks is in the same universe as a player like GLC. GLC is a guy we should be building around, a talent that could play on any team in the world. Winks is the perfect example of the kind of player good teams either dump or only use in early round Cup games. He is a nice guy, hard worker. but has the talent of school boy with the passing ability of an new born infant.

GLC represents everything that is right with this club, Winks is the perfect representation of what is wrong with it (on the field at least).

Only if "we" didn't watch him play.

How people can claim to have watch Spurs all season long and still try to crap on GLC is amazing. He is the only player on the team with any creativity. Despite being asked to do the job of himself, Winks and Sissoko he still managed to go back get the ball off of them, take the ball up the field and still be able to make passes that Winks couldn't make in his wildest dreams.

It is mind blowing that someone could try to argue that Winks is in the same universe as a player like GLC. GLC is a guy we should be building around, a talent that could play on any team in the world. Winks is the perfect example of the kind of player good teams either dump or only use in early round Cup games. He is a nice guy, hard worker. but has the talent of school boy with the passing ability of an new born infant.

GLC represents everything that is right with this club, Winks is the perfect representation of what is wrong with it (on the field at least).
No - they are both good players, they have different roles. Of course GLC is more creative.

How people can claim to have watch Spurs all season long and still try to crap on GLC is amazing. He is the only player on the team with any creativity.

No crapping on him. I am just saying that he is not a creative player. He has 2 assists in 28 games - and 1 of those was a shot that was way off target that deflected in.

Sure, he will improve and he needs to learn that he cannot hold onto the ball for so long. In Spain he was afforded more time on the ball. He looks great defensively and is full of energy when we apply a press. He is almost a clone of Lamela.

No crapping on him. I am just saying that he is not a creative player. He has 2 assists in 28 games - and 1 of those was a shot that was way off target that deflected in.

Sure, he will improve and he needs to learn that he cannot hold onto the ball for so long. In Spain he was afforded more time on the ball. He looks great defensively and is full of energy when we apply a press. He is almost a clone of Lamela.
Lo Celso´s first season in the Premier League was not easy and I think he did pretty well under the circumstances. It took him a while to really get a chance in the first team, and when he did - and took control of our midfield -, we were playing without Kane and/or Son.

His 2 assists in 28 games don´t tell the whole story. Don´t rule out his final product just yet: last season at Betis, Lo Celso´s got 19 goals + assists in 33 matches between La Liga and Europa League.

Last edited:
last season, at Betis, Lo Celso´s got 19 goals + assists in 33 matches between La Liga and Europa League.

This season 35 year old Roberto Soldado got 18 goals and assists in Spain. Cheeky summer bid?

:avbshit:

Lo Celso has averaged 1 goal assist every 7 games across his La Liga/EPL career. He is not a creator of key passes leading to goals.

The player he replaced (Eriksen) has averaged 1 assist in 3.

Back
Top Bottom