Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£100m? Fuck my old boots. Could you imagine Discount Dan trying to deal with Raiola and his batshit commission?

I don't think that's what he'd cost, or anywhere near, I just think that's Riola strutting his stuff. I might not even be right, I just remember seeing it on his profile on transfermarkt a few weeks ago and thinking uh huh....

Well, good coaches don't come much better than Nigel Pearson. And, er, everyone else who has managed Watford this season...Gary Neville spent 90 mins wanking himself into a stupor over Sarr's ability during the West Ham game, I think it was.

Yes, I thought Mane was a headless chicken when he was at Southampton.

No, I didn't watch it. I was keeping an eye on the stats, and he was having a terrible time of it, it seemed? Didn't see much ball, and dribbled past 6 times, last I checked?

Where did you get the dribbled past stat from?

I don't think it's a particularly meaningful thing, especially when he's up against Neymar and his band of merry men, it's not like Caqueret is lazy or immobile. I'm just not seeing heaps of composure from him right now, but this was the first game I've paid full attention to him, and it was against PSG....

Where did you get the dribbled past stat from?

I don't think it's a particularly meaningful thing, especially when he's up against Neymar and his band of merry men, it's not like Caqueret is lazy or immobile. I'm just not seeing heaps of composure from him right now, but this was the first game I've paid full attention to him, and it was against PSG....
He won 2/14 ground duels. That is atrocious, and probably explains his low rating.

He won 2/14 ground duels. That is atrocious, and probably explains his low rating.

What do they class as a ground duel? A tackle ? What do they class as winning one ?

I've only had a couple of glimpses of him, but the last thing I'd level at him would be laziness or a lack of tenacity.

One thing to consider is he did get booked early on (and I think it was a harsh one where Neymar made a mountain out of mole hill) so that might have left him treading egg shells for the remainder.

What do they class as a ground duel? A tackle ? What do they class as winning one ?
Duel
A duel is an 50-50 contest between two players of opposing sides in the match. For every Duel Won there is a corresponding Duel Lost depending on the outcome of the contest.

I've only had a couple of glimpses of him, but the last thing I'd level at him would be laziness or a lack of tenacity.

One thing to consider is he did get booked early on (and I think it was a harsh one where Neymar made a mountain out of mole hill) so that might have left him treading egg shells for the remainder.
Yes, I know about the yellow card. I love Caqueret. I'd imagine he just had a bad day at the office. I will watch it in the coming days.

Did you pay much attention to Guimaraes?

I like winks but not sure what he does best or does at all sometimes.

According to his supporters it seems the things he does best are:

1. Be a loyal Spurs guy
2. Be better than the zero other options we have, so I guess that means he is alive and can walk out on the pitch

Outside of those two things he really offers nothing at all.

There's some good raw materials there for sure, that physical power and pace thing going on with some technical ability, the brain is the only area of doubt with him I think, but I thought the same about Mane when they signed him, and look how that worked out.

I think if I was given a choice of taking a punt on Sarr or Bergwijn, I'd have taken Sarr. But there are others, like Eze and Stengs that are way ahead on my list.
Been saying this for ages buy Sarr buy Eze. Sarr looks a way smarter punt than N'fool fool. He however needs coaching does the bloke we have do that?

Duel
A duel is an 50-50 contest between two players of opposing sides in the match. For every Duel Won there is a corresponding Duel Lost depending on the outcome of the contest.

Yes, I know about the yellow card. I love Caqueret. I'd imagine he just had a bad day at the office. I will watch it in the coming days.

Did you pay much attention to Guimaraes?

Not loads, but I don't think I saw anything I hadn't already seen, I think Guimaraes is a perfectly serviceable DM, he (for an hour when he went off and was replaced by Mendes) did a pretty decent job in this game (as did Lyon generally) they played a kind of 3142/532/541 where Guimaraes mopped up and he did a reasonable job of it. Aouar looked bright in little moments and Caqueret beavered about buy busy. It's the makings of a half decent CM3 if they keep hold of all of them.

Perhaps it’s what he’s been asked to do?
By 2 totally different coaches, with totally different philosophies and experience?
It's not out of the question, it could be both coaches feel that is the limit of Winks' ability and to make use of it.

I find watching him take the ball, have acres of space, visibly look around, then still turn around and pass it back to his CB utterly infuriating. Far more infuriating than Sissoko charging at defences and losing the ball. At least he's trying to make something happen. And he isn't highly rated by fans and pundits.

By 2 totally different coaches, with totally different philosophies and experience?
It's not out of the question, it could be both coaches feel that is the limit of Winks' ability and to make use of it.

I find watching him take the ball, have acres of space, visibly look around, then still turn around and pass it back to his CB utterly infuriating. Far more infuriating than Sissoko charging at defences and losing the ball. At least he's trying to make something happen. And he isn't highly rated by fans and pundits.
I’m trying to recall how he played for England but...nope...nothing comes to mind.

I’m trying to recall how he played for England but...nope...nothing comes to mind.
My brother swears blind he's the polar opposite for England and plays positively.
I can't say I agree or disagree as I lost interest in England around about the the time Sven took over. Just a load of shit, more about getting household names in a starting 11 than actual football IMO

You would think PEH coming will be a major disruption for Harry.
Or a blessing in disguise. People forget that Winks broke through as a box to box midfielder. He just took on more defensive responsibility since we lacked someone who could do that.

This could allow Winks to go back to what he does best.

Back
Top Bottom