Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe, just maybe, you would have had a conversation- if you hadn't insisted on being obnoxious.
you wouldn't be this hostile and rude face to face.
Nice one

Nope. I just think sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and you expressed that in pretty much the 1st conversation we had. So if you are going to be sarcastic and a dick, then you will get the same level of rudeness back.

The people that seemingly constantly whinge about Winks and Dier in particular don't have a clue IMO.
Sorry but I think they are both nowhere close to being good enough, Dele too, but I don't think I'm clueless. It's generally accepted that aurier is a liability and shouldn't play. At least he scored and assisted a decent amount in the league. He's contributing going forward. With winks and dier in the team we are conceding stupid goals and they don't contribute to any goals being scored. Winks being utterly pathetic with 0 goals or assists. I don't understand why some people are so defensive of these guys, they aren't good enough and hamper the team. With dier as starting centre back we are fecked. Just watch them super closely in the next game and try and tell us what it is exactly that they have contributed that makes us all idiots for thinking they aren't any good.

Sorry but I think they are both nowhere close to being good enough, Dele too, but I don't think I'm clueless. It's generally accepted that aurier is a liability and shouldn't play. At least he scored and assisted a decent amount in the league. He's contributing going forward. With winks and dier in the team we are conceding stupid goals and they don't contribute to any goals being scored. Winks being utterly pathetic with 0 goals or assists. I don't understand why some people are so defensive of these guys, they aren't good enough and hamper the team. With dier as starting centre back we are fecked. Just watch them super closely in the next game and try and tell us what it is exactly that they have contributed that makes us all idiots for thinking they aren't any good.
Both would only be squad players in better teams.

Anyone bigging up Dier and Winks is akin to those stupid people who say things like "The Shawshank Redemption is over rated but Cocktail is amazing"

Just trying to be different and akward,
Dier and Winks don't deserve to play for us. They're not good enough and their continued presence in our starting 11 will continue to drag us down to mid table mediocrity.

Not mine, just found it over on r/coys and thought it was some interesting comparisons:

eeybw91w24n51.png

mmry5yr034n51.png

vnb07rq234n51.png

I now want some pie... no idea what all that mean tbh.

Nope. I just think sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and you expressed that in pretty much the 1st conversation we had. So if you are going to be sarcastic and a dick, then you will get the same level of rudeness back.
What an original thought process, you, of course have never employed sarcasm, ever.
What with it being the lowest form of wit. I'm sure you employ nothing but high level witty rebuffs and humorous put downs.
I suspect that it's not me that's being a dick in this exchange. You are the one slagging off a footballer whose boots you're not fit to lace, because he plays a role in the team orders that you don't understand.
Yet somehow, it's all my fault!

Where did I go so badly wrong?

He performs a role his manager asks him to play. He does it very well and as a consequence, he keeps getting picked by managers, because they like players who they can rely on.
You, like many other posters have completely misunderstood what hes in the team for.
Ah now come on. Do managers tell him not to tackle anyone, don't track back if you don't feel like it, don't play the ball forward, please don't set up any goals for your teammates and for the love of Christ..do not under any circumstances, score a goal? He does do all those things very well and he can be relied on to do it in every game.
If he wasn't from the academy he wouldn't play or even still be at the club. Arrrrrggghhhh

What an original thought process, you, of course have never employed sarcasm, ever.
What with it being the lowest form of wit. I'm sure you employ nothing but high level witty rebuffs and humorous put downs.
I suspect that it's not me that's being a dick in this exchange. You are the one slagging off a footballer whose boots you're not fit to lace, because he plays a role in the team orders that you don't understand.
Yet somehow, it's all my fault!

Where did I go so badly wrong?
Proof if ever needed that 70+ years of watching football is no guarantee one would even remotely begin to understand the game

Winks is a terrible and technically limited player of note - no coincidence we went form 2nd to 6th the table when he came into the team

Proof if ever needed that 70+ years of watching football is no guarantee one would even remotely begin to understand the game

Winks is a terrible and technically limited player of note - no coincidence we went form 2nd to 6th the table when he came into the team
You forgot the bit where Wanyama and Dembele were injured and sold and Eriksen and Dele went to shit in front of him, and the bit where we came 4th and made a CL final with him, and the bit where Poch ditched the DM to play a diamond and then tried to make Winks a DM.

But yeah you streak naked if we weaken the squad by selling him .
And please note, I did say squad.

You forgot the bit where Wanyama and Dembele were injured and sold and Eriksen and Dele went to shit in front of him, and the bit where we came 4th and made a CL final with him, and the bit where Poch ditched the DM to play a diamond and then tried to make Winks a DM.

But yeah you streak naked if we weaken the squad by selling him .
And please note, I did say squad.
He’s a terrible player - proved YET AGAIN on Sunday

Anyone bigging up Dier and Winks is akin to those stupid people who say things like "The Shawshank Redemption is over rated but Cocktail is amazing"

Just trying to be different and akward,
Dier and Winks don't deserve to play for us. They're not good enough and their continued presence in our starting 11 will continue to drag us down to mid table mediocrity.
Or, you’re just another faux academic culture vulture without the savvy to back it up?
Proven by the fact you equate watching films to intellect.

My fave part of the Amazon doc was imagining the faces of people on this forum when WINKS scored the winner against fulham in the final minute from an inch perfect N"Koudu cross.

Back
Top Bottom