Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's playing as the holding midfielder. It's it's job to recycle possession. It's not the most glamorous of roles. He doesn't make many incisive passes as that's not his job.

I'm pretty sure if you go to most forums in the country you will find that the holding midfielder gets cunted by the fans, but appreciated, and regularly picked by, the manager.
Which is frustrating because you feel that he’s got a game changing pass or two in him

Scapegoat, whipping boy. What a way to treat one of our own.
So because he’s an Academy player he gets a free pass? Imagine his name was N’Wanks and looked like N Jie - killing every single attack at pace during transition

Did you watch Leicester counter attacking yesterday? Our mids would take the ball and pass it backwards to Davies every single time. He’s a horrible player - who has no place in a Top 6 team

I think there was only that one moment when he was caught with the ball and gave Newcastle the chance to break. Otherwise, he played a well-controlled game and did try to turn and look upfield when he received the ball. We had to be patient as Newcastle parked the bus for almost the entire match.

So because he’s an Academy player he gets a free pass? Imagine his name was N’Wanks and looked like N Jie - killing every single attack at pace during transition

Did you watch Leicester counter attacking yesterday? Our mids would take the ball and pass it backwards to Davies every single time. He’s a horrible player - who has no place in a Top 6 team

He has been asked to play a role or he is lacking confidence because he has shown in the past he can play forward passes, for Spurs and for England

I really don't know what is happening

Both Winks and Hojbjerg playing a few forward passes as a CM2 v Newcastle, which is good.

Winks only pushed into playing as a DM by Poch. Hopefully if JM is playing more of a double pivot then both Winks and Hojbjerg will be sharing responsibility for both forward passes and the more defenssive side of the game which is about ball retention - so sideways, backward and short passes come to mind - not attractive to watch but functional and a plaform for the players in more attacking roles to do their thing.

Winks fans when he completes 16 out of 16 backwards passes

source.gif

Backwards: 16/16
Sideways: 33/33
Forwards: 41/45

:vdvshh:
Ahh so you've chosen to play the stats game big mistake.

Winks has scored 2 goals in 97 games and assisting twice with a massive 3 big chances created in his entire prem career.

But wait it gets worse his shooting accuracy is below 20 percent and his crossing accuracy come in at an awful 17 percent.

Winks is shit, get over it.

Ahh so you've chosen to play the stats game big mistake.

Winks has scored 2 goals in 97 games and assisting twice with a massive 3 big chances created in his entire prem career.

But wait it gets worse his shooting accuracy is below 20 percent and his crossing accuracy come in at an awful 17 percent.

Winks is shit, get over it.
Says the bloke posting stats and trying to make a point from them in their original post.

:avbshit:

There's nothing to call out he assisted nothing he scored nothing he created no big chances.

"Winks fans when he completes 16 out of 16 backwards passes"

Show me one person that applauded 16 backwards passes.....

You can't.

Ergo your comment was bullshit.... As was the broader insinuation that he didn't nothing else.

Can't you find something better to do that rip on a player that did nothing wrong yesterday?

I haven't posted any stats. You on the other hand did and whilst doing so were also highly selective.

Why do you bother to share this view after said player plays well?
He didn't play well in fact I can't remember him playing well since the Real Madrid game which was what 3 years ago now?

Even if you take into account his other stats from the game he still comes of as poor as previously stated he scored nothing assisted nothing and created no big chances.

Completing a large number of sideways and backwards passes does not cover that up.

"Winks fans when he completes 16 out of 16 backwards passes"

Show me one person that applauded 16 backwards passes.....

You can't.

Ergo your comment was bullshit.... As was the broader insinuation that he didn't nothing else.

Can't you find something better to do that rip on a player that did nothing wrong yesterday?
You know you don't have to post on this thread or even look at it?

I could ask you the exact same question why not find something better to do than defend such a so obviously below average player?

He didn't play well in fact I can't remember him playing well since the Real Madrid game which was what 3 years ago now?

Even if you take into account his other stats from the game he still comes of as poor as previously stated he scored nothing assisted nothing and created no big chances.

Completing a large number of sideways and backwards passes does not cover that up.

If your opinion was honest and in good faith, why do you (still!) persist in ONLY citing backwards and sideways (esp. when he made as many fwd as he did side and back combined!)?

Are you really that silly to think, you're being clever here?

You know you don't have to post on this thread or even look at it?

I could ask you the exact same question why not find something better to do than defend such a so obviously below average player?

(Meh, false equivalence; besides....)

.....Cos' you were abusing stats to take the piss out of fans that don't support your point of view.

Back
Top Bottom