Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he would play one of Ndombele or Lo Celso before Winks in the starting 11 and then bring Winks off the bench before the other guy.
So we agree that he would drop Winks from the starting 11 , even (gasp) if it risks upsetting the squad because Winks has "friends".

Funny thing is, Lo Celso is a much more aggressive presser and tackler than Winks. He's just a far better footballer at everything apart from first time passing.

?

You had me until this part. Lo Celso is better at everything than Winks. There is no part of the game, unless you include being a club man, in which Winks is better.

And I am pointing out that the new MF in Steve's scenario would be PEH+ Ndombele/Lo Celso+ New guy

So the same as you posted but with the new guy replacing the Sissoko/Winks/Gedson role you have.

i just see that the first MF off the bench would be Winks no matter who was coming off.

"I think that it [bringing in a new DM] would result in less time for Lo Celso and/or Ndombele. "

Must you try and bullshit your way out of literally every minor discussion?

Difficult times, fellow Winks loyalists

giphy.gif

Stand comrades, STAND! We shall prevail

"I think that it [bringing in a new DM] would result in less time for Lo Celso and/or Ndombele. "

Must you try and bullshit your way out of literally every minor discussion?

What am I BSing?

I have been very clear, but when you read things to try and fit your narrative I can understand that it may be hard for you follow.

I doubt that Jose is taking out PEH so if we bring in a starting DM then that is two of the starting spots taken up. Which means that only one of Lo Celso or Ndombele can start, currently if healthy both would be options to start, so one of them would lose playing time because no longer would both be considered options to start.

Plus Jose has shown that he likes to bring Winks on off the bench so whichever of Ndombele/Lo Celso did not start would struggle to be first choice off the bench as well, especially in games in which we are winning or even tied.

I never said there was an "argument". In fact I used the word "conversation" previously.

Why do you feel the need to make shit up ?

LOL

Is this supposed to be a witty response?

At least you will get a like from Airfixx.

What am I BSing?

I have been very clear, but when you read things to try and fit your narrative I can understand that it may be hard for you follow.

I doubt that Jose is taking out PEH so if we bring in a starting DM then that is two of the starting spots taken up. Which means that only one of Lo Celso or Ndombele can start, currently if healthy both would be options to start, so one of them would lose playing time because no longer would both be considered options to start.

Plus Jose has shown that he likes to bring Winks on off the bench so whichever of Ndombele/Lo Celso did not start would struggle to be first choice off the bench as well, especially in games in which we are winning or even tied.

Cue 'The speech'....... You absolute meme. :dembelelol:

I have no narrative, but when questioned your shit regularly falls on its arse. At some point you need to look in the mirror rather than blame everyone else.

Cue 'The speech'....... You absolute meme. :dembelelol:

I have no narrative, but when questioned your shit regularly falls on its arse. At some point you need to look in the mirror rather than blame everyone else.

Again I don't blame everyone else just a specific group of posters that regularly argue this way because they struggle when the arguments don't go exactly how they want them.

Once again though you do a good job of spinning in into this discussion rather than actually discussing what was said, but as usual I understand why you do this.

No. Not even close.

Winks should have just hoofed it away instead of bringing it down, he made the wrong decision. It was still a one in a million strike, it's not really his fault alone. He could have done better just like Kane should have done better with his clearing header and Aurier should have done better when he also had a chance to clear before the foul. Three players had an opportunity to protect our 3 points, not just him.

Winks should have just hoofed it yes but he was still fouled

Too much misty-eyed romanticism about home-grown, one of our own supporters coming through to the team. We all love the idea but the reality is a Kane or a King is a very rare occurrence.

It was the same with Ryan Mason and Tom Carroll. They weren’t good enough, nor is Winks. Although I suspect he is probably the worst of the three.

Back
Top Bottom