Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahh now you're putting words in my mouth nowhere did I say this result was all because of Winks and the manager had no part to play.

If Wanks had a few more tattoos and fade in his hair I can guarantee you people would not be defending his bang average performances game in game out.

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?
Maybe if he had an anime tattoo on his ankle and wore a hellow kitty waist band maybe you'd stop being such a helmet towards the young lad?

You have a short memory. Winks has had plenty of strong games for us. Been a strong and willing player for us for years now. He's had quality games against top Madrid teams, and I remember him being our best player in the final of the champions League too. I don't really see anyone raving about him being the best in the world or anything, it's just mind boggling how our own fans can put so much hate on him. Youth academy product and life long spurs fan aside - the guy is still in our top 15ish players in the club and is far from being deserved of the hate and stick he gets. He seems like a bit of a confidence player anyway. Maybe with the support he needs and without this agenda the lad would be more willing to play more expansive football?
Ahhh the Winks brigade are a predicable lot aren't they folks?

"B, b, but the Madrid game", yeah, and we all made fun of Woolwich fans saying Wilshire was amazing because he had one good game against Barca when he was 18.

It changes nothing one good game amongst a sea of average champo quality shit served up every single game does not change a single thing.

You have a short memory. Winks has had plenty of strong games for us. Been a strong and willing player for us for years now. He's had quality games against top Madrid teams, and I remember him being our best player in the final of the champions League too. I don't really see anyone raving about him being the best in the world or anything, it's just mind boggling how our own fans can put so much hate on him. Youth academy product and life long spurs fan aside - the guy is still in our top 15ish players in the club and is far from being deserved of the hate and stick he gets. He seems like a bit of a confidence player anyway. Maybe with the support he needs and without this agenda the lad would be more willing to play more expansive football?
He did nothing in that champions league final. He had a quality game against madrid and that's the only game that ever gets brought up when saying he's played well because it's the only one people can remember. It's been 6 years that's more than enough time to judge a player and for the player himself to show he's good enough and he hasn't done that. Time to move on and give skipp the same opportunity.

He was nowhere near the worst player.
We started with an 11 put out there to nullify fulham a.k.a Barcelona in mourinhos eyes
Sissoko was beyond shit
Son was shit
Ndombele was fucked 2nd half
Hojbjerg was slightly off it
But lets blame winks
Let's blame Mourinho for having trust in Winks, who again fading into invisibility when the going gets tough.

Happy now?

Or realistically, the same issue keep reoccurring for Winks whether it's Poch or Mourinho. Everyone have off days. But consistently serving off days, then may be the root cause of issue lies here.

Winks didn't even do holding midfield job when thing gets tough.

Never in position to receive pass when his teammates need a someone to pass to. Even Sissoko as bad as he was when he received the pass, ain't coward to hide from this resposible.

Then running back, put your body in the line blocking shot, covering space our defenders leaving when marking. Again Sissoko did it even at bad period of the game for our team.

That's part of holding midfielder job. And let's not pretend, Winks did his job with his passing from holding midfielder position. He passed to our limited players how opposition would want!
thats our problem, donkeys passing to donkeys back there putting each other under pressure and eventually we crack as the pressure becomes too much. you can sort of get away with a few donkeys in defence if they pass 5 yards forward to midfielders who can do something of use with the ball. when its going into winks or sissoko you got no chance. hojbjerg needs actual players around him too, winks or sissoko near him he gets suffocated too.

It's pointless touching the ball if you do nothing meaningful with it.
It's not his job too though? Your still not really getting it? You realise the role of the number 10 is pretty much dying in the modern game? Winks recieves and passes the ball on. If we played more progressive football, or had players dropping into space other than just Harry and ndombele you'd see that Winks does his job just fine. You know he's not gonna dribble past 4 players and tuck it top bins right? You saw that Kane could barely get a shot on goal tonight yeah? Yet your wanting Winks to somehow go prime KaKa in this mourinho team?

Let's blame Mourinho for having trust in Winks, who again fading into invisibility when the going gets tough.

Happy now?

Or realistically, the same issue keep reoccurring for Winks whether it's Poch or Mourinho. Everyone have off days. But consistently serving off days, then may be the root cause of issue lies here.
Ok again i never said winks was amazing tonight but I'd say did better then at least 5 players
How many times do our attacking players not put chances away and therefore put pressure on defenders late in games?
How often does our manager treat every team like they are Brazil?
How many times will mourinho show favouritism towards certain players like he will son after tonight? Is that good for the camp?
If Bergwijn Alli or lucas misses Sons chances tonight guarantee they are dropped
We have a manager that has completely lost it
The Portuguese Steve Bruce but lets blame Harry Winks

It's not his job too though? Your still not really getting it? You realise the role of the number 10 is pretty much dying in the modern game? Winks recieves and passes the ball on. If we played more progressive football, or had players dropping into space other than just Harry and ndombele you'd see that Winks does his job just fine. You know he's not gonna dribble past 4 players and tuck it top bins right? You saw that Kane could barely get a shot on goal tonight yeah? Yet your wanting Winks to somehow go prime KaKa in this mourinho team?
so the CDM, the position that probably gets more of the football than any other position on the pitch isnt required to be useful on the ball? interesting.

Ok again i never said winks was amazing tonight but I'd say did better then at least 5 players
Same as last time. Some posters find this as their first port of call, win, lose or draw. Winks is rarely the worst player on the pitch. Definitely wasn’t tonight. But after every match, they come scurrying, crying about the fact that our 4th or 5th choice central midfielder isn’t peak Iniesta.

Same as last time. Some posters find this as their first port of call, win, lose or draw. Winks is rarely the worst player on the pitch. Definitely wasn’t tonight. But after every match, they come scurrying, crying about the fact that our 4th or 5th choice central midfielder isn’t peak Iniesta.
How anyone watches that game tonight and puts any of it on winks i find crazy

He can't be our "4th or 5th choice" if both Jose and Poch have continued to play him over and over....

Back
Top Bottom