Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only reason you could say he was the best of them is because the others tried things and failed and got a negative score. Winks stayed at a solid zero for not trying at all.

I'm a fan of PEH & Skipp, but what exactly did they try that was so significant?

PEH seemed like he was chasing shadows for much of the game to me and Skipp seemed off the pace (I tend to assume it was a mistake playing him as he wasn't 100% fit).

Dele seemed to come alive after the sending off and put himself about a bit more, but didn't do much with the ball.

I'm a fan of PEH & Skipp, but what exactly did they try that was so significant?

PEH seemed like he was chasing shadows for much of the game to me and Skipp seemed off the pace (I tend to assume it was a mistake playing him as he wasn't 100% fit).

Dele seemed to come alive after the sending off and put himself about a bit more, but didn't do much with the ball.
Surely we arent going to debate the effort levels between Hojbjerg and Winks.

Winks tried things like passing the ball, which he did successfully better than Skipp, PEH or Dele, 94% of the time in fact
Big passing percentages are only good if those numbers are being measured in the final 3rd. With winks it was all sideways baby stuff.
winks.png

You didnt see them try harder and get involved more than winks did? I dont know what to say man. It just seems like you are trying to find an opposite of everything.

I saw 3 players have very similar mediocre-to-poor performances..... I was curious as to what "things" you saw PEH & Skipp trying to do.

What stats should I seek?

(Your initial post didn't imply general exertion/effort..... But if I have the wrong end of the stick, just say.)

Big passing percentages are only good if those numbers are being measured in the final 3rd. With winks it was all sideways baby stuff.
winks.png
the one decent pass he tried all game he failed, state of the rest of them, coward of a player.

not one forward pass ending up in the final third, just always handing over the responsibility. even messi,mbappe and neymar would struggle with that sort of service behind them.

If you want to blame anything for stifling his development, it was Poch's cunting philosophy bullshit which turned him into someone who just keeps the ball moving in midfield.

He has a good touch, passes over a decent range with both feet and makes good (albeit often too safe) decisions with the ball.

Still suspect Nuno will play him more than a lot of you will like. He's a good squad player IMO.

A handsome sweet boy but not a footballer.
If you want to blame anything for stifling his development, it was Poch's cunting philosophy bullshit which turned him into someone who just keeps the ball moving in midfield.

He has a good touch, passes over a decent range with both feet and makes good (albeit often too safe) decisions with the ball.

Still suspect Nuno will play him more than a lot of you will like. He's a good squad player IMO.
Are you blind? Nobody stiffled anything. He is just not cut out for the job.

Ask yourself this. What top 4 team in the prem would have him?
More like top 40 team. What a disaster of a player. Like I said once he is lucky he came from the Tottenham youth setup. If he was like per instance on MK Dons like dele, winks would never ever turned pro. And if the academy doesn’t produced a better midfielder than him in the last years they can be shut off (I’m not counting skipp)

Back
Top Bottom