Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only heard promising things about him but Onomah is the one I have high hopes for. Whenever I have had the time to see him play, he looks really good. I think this year may be a little too early for him to make the bench but keeps working hard and he'll get there. Problem is, we have three very good players who play in his position.

Fly on the Winks of love
Fly Harry fly
Reaching the stars above
Touching the sky..

Credit to a mate of mine for coming up with that utter shite, yet hilarious chant.

Only heard promising things about him but Onomah is the one I have high hopes for. Whenever I have had the time to see him play, he looks really good. I think this year may be a little too early for him to make the bench but keeps working hard and he'll get there. Problem is, we have three very good players who play in his position.

onomah and winks are destined for big things..mark my words..

Harry Winks and Harry Kane sound like something out of a gangster movie, hopefully the next young player to come through will have a name like Clint McJustice or Dave Hardballs.

The trouble is, to make it at Spurs they need to be better than what we already have - which to be fair, they certainly can be but they need the chance to prove it.
If the team are expected to be pushing for top 4 next season are they going to get many chances?

Where´s Carrol then....loan or permanent move?
Got to be one of the hardest jobs in football when assessing academy graduates. Will they be good enough as a pro, if yes are they good enough for Spurs (what is good enough for Spurs?). Look at Ramsey at the scum, almost everyone writing him off, then has an amazing season, now looks average again. Then there is Mason who never looked anything than a championship player (I think Millwall fans even booed him when he was on loan, might have him mixed up with another loan player), then from out of nowhere and at the age of 23 brakes through into first team and holds his own.

As for Carroll, I like him but has he got what it takes to play for Spurs? Will he make us better? I'm not convinced. I am in no doubt however that for the short term he could improve the spirit and mentality of the team if played with Bentaleb, Mason, Kane, Walker, Townsend, Naughton, Rose and Captained by Lennon. I'd rather watch this lot give it their all fighting for the club and each other than what I am currently watching. Weather he or the others have the talent to make us into a great side again (by that I mean a team winning cups and challenging for titles) I'd have to say no unfortunately.

Not a problem. At least one will move on soon, creating space.

The trouble is, to make it at Spurs they need to be better than what we already have - which to be fair, they certainly can be but they need the chance to prove it.
If the team are expected to be pushing for top 4 next season are they going to get many chances?
Pochettino was partly hired with the mandate to give the Academy kids more opportunities. If we're pushing for the top, then we'll be focusing less on the likes of the League Cup, so the chances will appear.

Reckon Eriksen would be likeliest to go, actually. He's the player looking closest to the big time.

Unless you mean Kane as a striker, in which case we could have two openings in that position as soon as January.
Nah, I see Kane as playing off the striker to be fair. Personally, I'd prefer Lamela there with Eriksen on the left but I'm not the one who makes the decisions. Thing is, a lot of the big big clubs have abundance of talent in that position, so if Eriksen leaves, it's going to be someone on our level.

Nah, I see Kane as playing off the striker to be fair. Personally, I'd prefer Lamela there with Eriksen on the left but I'm not the one who makes the decisions. Thing is, a lot of the big big clubs have abundance of talent in that position, so if Eriksen leaves, it's going to be someone on our level.
Perhaps, but we won't likely sell in England. There are a lot of attacking midfielders around Europe, but his age makes him more desirable, so we could likely sell to Germany or Italy.

Though, if we do use more of a 4-3-3 going forward, with Christian moving deeper, then everything changes I guess.

Back
Top Bottom