Harvey White

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

White making himself a nuisance for Portsmouth in a 1 - 1 draw.

Would prefer if he was played as a cm, but laying out of position definitely better than not playing at all

Mental how Poch rarely used loans.

Poch thought training was the first team was better than loans - which is fine but at some stage they need to practice their training......and that's where Poch theory fell apart as he found it difficult to play the youngsters the minutes they needed (which is as many games a season is possible)

Poch put players out on loan if he didn't think they would make it as Spurs - and not that many of those either.

Pompey smashed 4-1 but still in play off slots.
Came on 69.
72'

Post update​

Penalty Portsmouth. Harvey White draws a foul in the penalty area.

Last edited:
Poch thought training was the first team was better than loans - which is fine but at some stage they need to practice their training......and that's where Poch theory fell apart as he found it difficult to play the youngsters the minutes they needed (which is as many games a season is possible)

Poch put players out on loan if he didn't think they would make it as Spurs - and not that many of those either.

I'm afraid this is one area in which Poch was completely wrong. In truth he mishandled most of our young talent, especially the ones not quite good enough to get minutes with the first team. It is so important for young players to get experience in actual competitive play, be it League One, Champo or otherwise. The Championship might even be a better indictor of future Prem performance than the Dutch, Scottish or Portuguese leagues are.

White came on after 59 minutes tonight and won a penalty which was scored by another player as Portsmouth lost 4-1.

Hopefully White contributing to Portsmouth's only goal will help White back to starting line up.

Portsmouth play Salford at Wembley in the 2019-20 Trophy today.
I assume White won't be eligible?

On a side note I wish pricks like the Salford manager would get out of the game.
"The league is the priority. If anything, this game is a distraction," Wellens told BBC Radio Manchester.
"There are no supporters there. I've played at Wembley in front of 80,000 so it's not going to do anything for me. It's a bit of a hindrance."

Portsmouth play Salford at Wembley in the 2019-20 Trophy today.
I assume White won't be eligible?

On a side note I wish pricks like the Salford manager would get out of the game.
"The league is the priority. If anything, this game is a distraction," Wellens told BBC Radio Manchester.
"There are no supporters there. I've played at Wembley in front of 80,000 so it's not going to do anything for me. It's a bit of a hindrance."

Harvey gets a pizza the action at Wembley with another start

Back
Top Bottom