Has son surpassed Harry Kane as our most important player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is our best/most important player

• Son

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Kane

Votes: 90 69.2%
  • PEH

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Lloris

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Doherty

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
I think Son is performing at a level now where he is our most important player. Hes scoring week in week out. Winning us games and undisputably world class. But is he better than Kane?

For me yes. What yall think?
Every player has been important in their own right but if you're going to ask me who's the one player that we absolutely can not live without - it's not Kane or Son. It's been PEH! I believe our defense and midfield would collapse without him. Not only that, his energy in infectious. I really believe, he's really transformed our team.

After PEH, I would say it's Hugo for obvious reasons, Kane, Son, Toby, and Ndombele. In that order.

I do think Son has obviously been our best and most efficient attacker but I'm of the opinion that players that help win the midfield are generally more important in the outcome of a game than goal scorers.

Wow you stuck Doherty on there.... that's hilarious.

No he's not they all are. Jose has us playing as a team where everyone knows their role and is contributing. Like the others above are saying, why not just enjoy it. You'll soon be back to slagging off Jose, Levy, x player blah blah if we lose

No

And without meaning any insult or disrespect to Son I don’t think it is really close. That doesn’t mean Son isn’t great and or hasn’t been amazing for us but Kane is a step above even that.

But really it is awesome to have both of them at the club.

Kane is still our best player, he isn’t as quick as Son but he is our best finisher, passer and smartest player tactically, if Kane had serious pace he would be Ronaldo level of a few seasons ago.

Why do we do this?
Lets just enjoy the fact we have two greats playing for us at the moment.
There were people in 60s that liked both the Beatles and the Stones...

And there are people in the 90s that liked both S Club 7 and Steps.

Let's just appreciate greatness where we find it

Last edited:
I get sick of the best player of all time racket tbh

We miss both of them if either are out so it's irrelevant really. Both are WC.

But clearly it's Docherty who put us on top of the league so he gets my vote..

Back
Top Bottom