Has son surpassed Harry Kane as our most important player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is our best/most important player

• Son

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Kane

Votes: 90 69.2%
  • PEH

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Lloris

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Doherty

Votes: 10 7.7%

• Total voters
Name: Harry Kane

Nickname: Hurricane

Known by Woolwich as: King of the North
Eotu7LWXYAQuP5W

Name: Heung Min Son

Nickname: Sonshine / Sonsational

Known by Dortmund as: The Beekeeper
Known by Citeh as: The City Hunter

DJob-MVVAAAcqbd.jpg

kkbgob1nebg21.jpg

The most important player is Kane.
The best player is Kane.
The second best player is Son.
The leader and the backbone of of this team is PEH.

Do they play for the Spurs? Yes.
Happy to have them, they complement each other well on the pitch hence we are top of the league.

Kane is our best player, and is a Son enabler.

Son wouldn't be so extraordinary for us if he didn't have the league's best #10 feeding him through.

Really?

Son's goal against Woolwich was pretty extraordinary, and I think it has very little to do with Kane being a best #10 in the world.

It's true that Son benefited from Kane's great passing, but similarly, Kane also benefited and got this many assists because Son is so clinical and he IS extraordinary front of the goal. "the leagues best #10" also feed to other Spurs players like Moura or Bergwijn, but did they turn them into goals?

I was going to stay away from this topic because I knew there going to see so many dumb comments, but It upsets me to see how some spurs fans don't appreciate Son after all he's done for Spurs.

He did stepped up and carried this team whenever Kane was out injured.
He played with broken arm for this team.
There' s reason Son was named Player of the Season for this team, two years in a row. yet such disrespect he gets from fans of his own team is so ridiculous.

Last edited:
Son surpassed last season. Kane surpassing this season. Has to win this season because we didn't last season and the three before

It's true that Son benefited from Kane's great passing, but similarly, Kane also benefited and got this many assists because Son is so clinical and he IS extraordinary front of the goal. "the leagues best #10" also feed to other Spurs players like Moura or Bergwijn, but did they turn them into goals?
We are all in agreement that Bergwijn and Moura are not as good as Son.

I was going to stay away from this topic because I knew there going to see so many dumb comments, but It upsets me to see how some spurs fans don't appreciate Son after all he's done for Spurs.

There' s reason Son was named Player of the Season for this team, two years in a row. yet such disrespect he gets from fans of his own team is so ridiculous.

What are you talking about?

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are saying that while Kane is better Son is awesome as well and that we are lucky to have them both.

Why do Son fanbois always have to see praise for Kane as some sort of slight on Son? If anything this thread shows how Spurs fans appreciate and love Son. But of course for many of the fanbois it can never be enough.

Really?

Son's goal against Woolwich was pretty extraordinary, and I think it has very little to do with Kane being a best #10 in the world.

He did stepped up and carried this team whenever Kane was out injured.
He played with broken arm for this team.
Kane is our best player.

Saying Kane is our best player is not showing disrespect to Son; that is a ridiculous assertion and frankly a childish one.

What are you talking about?

The vast majority of the posts in this thread are saying that while Kane is better Son is awesome as well and that we are lucky to have them both.

Why do Son fanbois always have to see praise for Kane as some sort of slight on Son? If anything this thread shows how Spurs fans appreciate and love Son. But of course for many of the fanbois it can never be enough.
Its natural England will talk more about their own. (We don't have many World class players atm)

Its natural Asian/Korean fans want Son to be more recognized in England. (This is like their first world class player ever)

Its natural.

Its natural England will talk more about their own. (We don't have many World class players atm)

Its natural Asian/Korean fans want Son to be more recognized in England. (This is like their first world class player ever)

Its natural.

We don't see it with Welsh fans and Bale or Belgians and all their guys. I never see a bunch of Danes complaining that Eriksen or PEH don't get respect.

I have zero issue with them being fans of Son, them saying that he is their favorite player or even trying to say that he is better or more important than Kane.

It is the constant made up narrative that many Son fans bring up about him being disrespected or unappreciated by Spurs fans. There isn't a player that it is brought up more about than him, and often in relation to Kane.

It is complete BS and nonsense.

We don't see it with Welsh fans and Bale or Belgians and all their guys. I never see a bunch of Danes complaining that Eriksen or PEH don't get respect.

I have zero issue with them being fans of Son, them saying that he is their favorite player or even trying to say that he is better or more important than Kane.

It is the constant made up narrative that many Son fans bring up about him being disrespected or unappreciated by Spurs fans. There isn't a player that it is brought up more about than him, and often in relation to Kane.

It is complete BS and nonsense.

You can't compare Son to Welsh or Danes or any other European countries.....

He is of Asian/Korean decent and we as Europeans have stereotypes towards them especially in football.

We don't tend to rate them highly BECAUSE they are from Asia. (They say we bought them for shirt sales right?)

If Son was English, there is no doubt he would have been more talked about and rated higher by our media.

You can't compare Son to Welsh or Danes or any other European countries.....

He is of Asian/Korean decent and we as Europeans have stereotypes towards them especially in football.

We don't tend to rate them highly BECAUSE they are from Asia. (They say we bought them for shirt sales right?)

If Son was English, there is no doubt he would have been more talked about and rated higher by our media.

Son has twice been chosen as player of the season for Spurs, he is widely regarded as one of the top attackers in the PL, is included in lists of best players in the PL, won goal of the season for the PL and is beloved by fans.

How much more does he need? He is getting all the respect and love he deserves.

I would also say your second sentence is wrong and fairly offensive, but I guess since I am not European maybe I don't get to decide that, if I were I would be pretty offended by your gross generalization especially since it is such BS.

Son has twice been chosen as player of the season for Spurs, he is widely regarded as one of the top attackers in the PL, is included in lists of best players in the PL, won goal of the season for the PL and is beloved by fans.

How much more does he need? He is getting all the respect and love he deserves.

I would also say your second sentence is wrong and fairly offensive, but I guess since I am not European maybe I don't get to decide that, if I were I would be pretty offended by your gross generalization especially since it is such BS.
Its not. Why would they be offended? gross generalization?

I'm talking about how racist we can be here, especially in the media.

Didn't you see the Milwall game where the fans booed BLM before the game??

Please read carefully and understand the post before you post a reply. :mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom