Has Tottenham ever got you through some tough times?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My son lives more than a hundred miles from me (not very far for you USA or Oz fans) but Saturday/Sunday after the game the call is the highlight of my week. Deffo seen me through tough times.

Yes, definitely.

I was a very casual fan of Spurs throughout the latter days of my time in college, but graduating in '09 and going into that job market was really tough on me. I worked some dead-end jobs to help pay the bills while I lived in my parent's basement, and had almost nothing in my life. I suffered through some mild depression through that time and wasn't very happy with my life, because graduating with my background and education and then being dumped into a grueling blue-collar factory job living paycheck to paycheck and not making enough money to get out of there was a cold, hard reality check.

Then Spurs went into the Champion's League, and that incredible run really gave me something in my life to enjoy, and something to root for, again.

Not got me through anything but what they have done is when I've been feeling anxious or down about stuff - spurs have stuck the fucking boot in, when I've needed a real distraction or a lift, they've got beat 1-0 at wolves on a fucking Sunday a 4pm

The day my mum died I thought the end of the world had come. It was absolutely dire. Then I watched Spurs play Sunderland. Whilst it didn't make the hurt disappear, for 90 minutes I sat in a pub in Ireland next door to the hospital, clutching a pint of Guinness & with a bunch of lads who were well into their football, regardless of who was playing. I actually saw that life goes on, & that game lifted my spirits beyond belief. I actually felt able to make the phone calls I had to make & deal with the arrangements. Perhaps it was the game, perhaps it was the Guinness, perhaps it was the company. Maybe all three. But yes, Spurs helped me through that day

After my mum passed away, spurs (&this forum in particular funnily enough) helped me get through some sleepless nights and allowed my mind to wander from the pain I was feeling.

HAS TOTTENHAM EVER GOT YOU THROUGH SOME TOUGH TIMES?

have they bollocks , they're the cause of the tough times...

Really for me the same, a continue implosion of non achievement , dissatisfaction and pain.
Owned and run by the 2 of the ugliest micro dictators on the planet.
I wish I could walk away but it's in my blood.
Lucky me.

We beat Wigan 9-0 on the day of my Dad's stone setting (one for all you Jew-fans)
...'twas what is known in the trade as a mild distraction from the painful reality!

...does that count?

When watching Tottenham I usually forget pretty much everything else that's going on in my life for 90 odd minutes. The good and the bad.

The club is like the earth, the sea, the sun and the moon for me.

And then: Tottenham 0 - 1 Tranmere.

I sat on the throne broken hearted
Thought of life and only farted
No ticket for the big game
Oh the shame the shame

Then a rumble down deep in the bowels
Prompted the appearance of something fowl
As it finally exited into the pan
I finally smiled, it reminded me of a Woolwich fan!

I sat on the throne broken hearted
Thought of life and only farted
No ticket for the big game
Oh the shame the shame

Then a rumble down deep in the bowels
Prompted the appearance of something fowl
As it finally exited into the pan
I finally smiled, it reminded me of a Woolwich fan!
Sounds like my pre-match warm up in the Bricklayers outdoor loo.

Back
Top Bottom