Have Spurs Slumped Again?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Article reminds me of earlier this year when the stats folks pointed out that if a match only lasted 80 minutes we would be top of the league, highlighting that we gave up late goals.

I thought it was a good bit of information. But when I was watching a match with David Pleat commenting, his partner brought up the statistic and Pleat tore it to shreds. His point being, who gives a fuck, you can manipulate things anyway you want but it doesn't change the fact the game last 90+ minutes. Albeit, Pleat did not use the f word, but I think he's right.

The game is the game. The players are the players. To cite things like if Bale was not playing then we'd be this or that points wise is basically irrelevant because it assumes that nothing would change in the absence of Bale. But everything would change in the absence of Bale, and what that reality would be is an unknown because it can't be tested. Bale was there and that's what happened. If Bale was not there, then something else would have happened.

Fuck somebody pass me one
UIgcsUW.jpg

:cool: We now have a young manager who apart from winning a European trophy, is a very good technican and is re-constituting the team to play his way and the players are responding well. Apart from Bale, that is the main difference, there is no slump, the team is starting to gel well, look at our current position in PL. Negative articles are written by dickheads who want to pull the team down.

:cool: We now have a young manager who apart from winning a European trophy, is a very good technican and is re-constituting the team to play his way and the players are responding well. Apart from Bale, that is the main difference, there is no slump, the team is starting to gel well, look at our current position in PL. Negative articles are written by dickheads who want to pull the team down.
Agree. Wouldn't say they are dickheads as such, but certainly members of the doom-and-gloom squad that infests our support, or by people with another agenda from outside our support.

Far from a one man team, certainly much less than the goons last year when RVP really saved them, ALL season, not just a few games.

A huge amount of credit should go to Lloris - note the change in the dynamics of the whole team when he is not in control of the penalty area.

And those naive enough to think Woolwich might sign Cavani :baletroll:

Seriously though I think this is one of the worst articles about Spurs I've read all season, and that includes that one of Adrian Durham's.

And those naive enough to think Woolwich might sign Cavani :baletroll:

Seriously though I think this is one of the worst articles about Spurs I've read all season, and that includes that one of Adrian Durham's.
Woolwich will struggle for two reasons:

1/ money, they are still suffering from the Emirates development ( and the slump in property prices)
2/ No CL next year...
:D

Agree. Wouldn't say they are dickheads as such, but certainly members of the doom-and-gloom squad that infests our support, or by people with another agenda from outside our support.

Far from a one man team, certainly much less than the goons last year when RVP really saved them, ALL season, not just a few games.

A huge amount of credit should go to Lloris - note the change in the dynamics of the whole team when he is not in control of the penalty area.
Well said. As you say I don't condone using abusive words like 'dickhead', but the amount of negativity re our current superb run of results absolutely baffles me.

Also very well said about Lloris.

Re the Lyon goal, no way can Brad save it when the shot is made.

However, we'd got sucked into defending deep. Look where Gallas makes his poor clearance and how deep we are in general. Now of course we end up defending deep with Lloris too. But in general I would say it doesn't happen as much. That's not to criticise Brad, it's to praise the brilliance of Lloris and the way the whole team are adapting to the high line concept.

Back
Top Bottom