Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would prefer our elite scouting department to be identifying and targeting the 'next' Eriksen not the original who was a great player for us between 2013 and 2018.

It's 2021 though. A club this size should be identfying the best young players of his type and targeting them. Not re-signing the original.

We did well with Ndomebele. Jury still out on Lo Celso. Surely we can trust our scouting department to find an attacking mid who is young and hungry, as opposed to old and conceited?
This is what I’m thinking , if it’s a case of No one or Erisken until the summer then of course I would take him back , however would rather we found someone else , plenty of decent players out there

I guess 2 questions need to be asked:-

1) Was his monumental dip in form because he’s “lost it”, or because he’d lost motivation.

2) Does his departure create enough animosity to say we don’t won’t him back.

I’m not certain he has it anymore personally. Although I wouldn’t be against a 6 month loan )without an obligation to buy) to find out.

Any return should come with a contractual clause that he is not allowed to take a corner.

We had him at his best and that's gone. He won't fit into a Jose team. So there's no point. Let's move on

I can’t see how Deli Alli isn’t a Jose player, but Christian Eriksen would be?
His attitude and general demeanour on the pitch stinks. He may train well, but there was never a more frustrating player to watch than him.

not sure I could take another corner going straight into the first man either.

Sissoko is limited, we all know that, but he gives it away less than Eriksen did towards the end.

This game really always stands out for me as to how bad he got

Gave the ball away against Olympiacos TWENTY TWO times. That is appalling.
And it just kept happening. And what he did well dwindled down to nothing.

If he comes back, it'll be a disaster.
If he comes back and it doesn't, I'll ban myself from this forum as a forfeit.
That's the beauty of being a woman - no-one bats an eyelid when we change our mind, it's our prerogative, after all ;)

It doesn’t sit well with me that in another reality he’d probably want nothing to do with us if he was playing well in Italy, but because he’s had a shit time at Inter and can’t play himself into the team he’s going to come back to Spurs.. not much of a ‘fairytale reunion’ XD

Back
Top Bottom