Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m probably well off base but I wondered if the Eriksen signing was tied in any way to Spence (HG/ non HG). If we get Lingaard in his place, also free but HG then we could move on to a non-HG RWB.

So basically a HG/non HG, RWB/free MF tandem — whichever way we can slice it.

Whilst I wouldn't begrudge him anything he wants in life now... He's had a 2nd chance, and he's taking it.... and good for him.

But part of me wishes he'd come back to us... (or stayed at Brentford... or gone abroad/back to Ajax!)

However, we will give him the BIGGEST reception ever when we next play Utd... and he'll remember what REAL LOVE IS.... not plastic 'adoration'!
Yes, Utd are a GLOBAL SUPERPOWER... but WE are his spiritual home....
(Along with Ajax and Denmark of course!)

Or not.
It's a chance I'm 100% happy to take if Conte is. Eriksen is the past. I'm happy Bissouma didn't play with him a will hopefully run all over him without any hesitation. Or fanbase can be blinded by sentiment
I personally would have loved to see him back. Not solely due to sentiment, but because I think he still has a huge amount to offer a club in the Premier League. Just like Dembele, I don't think we've ever replaced him (maybe Bissouma replaces Mousa now, we'll see). He may well have checked out in the last 6 months of his time with us, but I think the break and what has gone on since would have completely reset his mindset.

I wish him well at United but hope they don't finish above us.

Whilst I wouldn't begrudge him anything he wants in life now... He's had a 2nd chance, and he's taking it.... and good for him.

But part of me wishes he'd come back to us... (or stayed at Brentford... or gone abroad/back to Ajax!)

However, we will give him the BIGGEST reception ever when we next play Utd... and he'll remember what REAL LOVE IS.... not plastic 'adoration'!
Yes, Utd are a GLOBAL SUPERPOWER... but WE are his spiritual home....
(Along with Ajax and Denmark of course!)
Nah my applause will be far less than it was when at Brentford away now he's gone to United.

I personally would have loved to see him back. Not solely due to sentiment, but because I think he still has a huge amount to offer a club in the Premier League. Just like Dembele, I don't think we've ever replaced him (maybe Bissouma replaces Mousa now, we'll see). He may well have checked out in the last 6 months of his time with us, but I think the break and what has gone on since would have completely reset his mindset.

I wish him well at United but hope they don't finish above us.
It's fine Conte will have thought it all through. The player still has an upside but there's a considerable down side. He brings serious obvious distraction. I'm not sure he's a fit for the prototype that Conte is building to. Six foot plus hard hitters. We've also added the guile of Perisic. If we want an attacking centermid we have weeks to get one. Its a new day, I bow to no one in my love of that Poch machine but this is a different animal being shaped.

Nah my applause will be far less than it was when at Brentford away now he's gone to United.
Me too. Still appreciate all he did for us and equally glad that he is walking the earth let alone still being good enough for the prem but my respect has diminished a tad - feel he has let Brentford down a bit after all they did for him

Me too. Still appreciate all he did for us and equally glad that he is walking the earth let alone still being good enough for the prem but my respect has diminished a tad - feel he has let Brentford down a bit after all they did for him
...but not if he'd joined us?

Back
Top Bottom