Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess 2 questions need to be asked:-

1) Was his monumental dip in form because he’s “lost it”, or because he’d lost motivation.

2) Does his departure create enough animosity to say we don’t won’t him back.

I’m not certain he has it anymore personally. Although I wouldn’t be against a 6 month loan )without an obligation to buy) to find out.

Any return should come with a contractual clause that he is not allowed to take a corner.

No If you asked me 13 months ago who was the better player Eriksen or Dele I would have said Eriksen without hesitation. However he has left and his decline has continued and there is no way I want him back. Where would he play? instead of Ndombele or Ndombele would be pushed back. No he is no longer good enough and I would rather keep Dele as back up.

We do have a knack of re-signing players... the only ones who have really worked out were Klinsmann, Defoe, Robbie Keane and maybe even Crouch.
I'd have taken Berbatov back in a heartbeat back in the day (to be fair, I still would take him today!!)

Bale is still 'jury out', and I get a feeling the with Eriksen, there was never really the total love there in the first place to allow him back with anything other than expecting him to hit the ground running...

Like Defoe (and to a lesser extent Keane) at least Bale has bought himself a few months by being adored in the first place (and even that love is wearing thin in some quarters!!)

Different circumstances though.

Defoe left to get first team football. Continued starting and scoring at the top level and came back to do the same.

Klinsmann left after one great year. Continued to play at a good level and came back when we were absolute shit to save us from relegation.

Eriksen has been in decline for near on 3 years and cant even get in the Inter Milan team.

Not comparable at all.

Unless you can find someone we sold who was on the decline when we sold them. Failed at their new club only for us to bring them back and hope they were as good as they were 3 years ago.

Different circumstances though.

Defoe left to get first team football. Continued starting and scoring at the top level and came back to do the same.

Klinsmann left after one great year. Continued to play at a good level and came back when we were absolute shit to save us from relegation.

Eriksen has been in decline for near on 3 years and cant even get in the Inter Milan team.

Not comparable at all.

Unless you can find someone we sold who was on the decline when we sold them. Failed at their new club only for us to bring them back and hope they were as good as they were 3 years ago.

Spot on.

In 20 years who will we look back on with as greats of the era? King, Modric, Berba (maybe), Bale, Kane, Son, Hugo? I can't see many telling their grandkids about this playmaker we had who did nothing when we got to cup finals.
I read your post wrong! Yeah i cant see anyone talking about Eriksen either tbh, could have been so different

This thread...

:avbnaa:

An appropriate image to choose. He didn't seem to rate Eriksen.

The bearded cunt only ever seemed to have Eriksen in the starting XI for the Europa League matches against shitty opposition and would have him on the bench for the league games even though he was clearly one of our best players.

An appropriate image to choose. He didn't seem to rate Eriksen.

The bearded cunt only ever seemed to have Eriksen in the starting XI for the Europa League matches against shitty opposition and would have him on the bench for the league games even though he was clearly one of our best players.
But but but there's the whole "came to the lane for AVB" that can't be a lie....not in song. Everyone knows you can't lie in a song!

I fucking hated AVB from day one.

After his complete failure at Chelsea and the way their season took off the second he left, I just couldn't see the sense in appointing him.
I've still got time for him. Can't really explain it, I just like AVB. Just don't think he possesses the personality to be a football manager...in another life (or maybe later in this one) might have made a bang-up DoF of similar. Still maintain the biggest difference between him and Poch was Poch was able to get the squad to buy-in which gave him the time to set the defencive style before opening the attack. AVB just inspired revolt, just as he did at Chelsea.

I can't imagine a possible scenario not only where Jose and Levy want this to happen after multiple times trying to get him to stay and they got their money from Inter, I can't believe that Christian would even want to show back up.

He said publicly he wanted a new challenge, that he was so excited about the move and the new opportunity, it was public that he declined opportunities to stay, and it isn't like the manager situation has changed.

I can't imagine he would be really excited to come crawling back with his tail between his legs.

Back
Top Bottom