Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's still one of the best creators in Europe and overall better #10 than Tanguy/Gio

This would be a dream midfield

----Tanguy----PEH
Gio----Eriksen----Sonny
------------Kane

No more Winks and Sissoko, they have tortured us enough for years

Please no

Garbage for two years now and clearly didn't want to be at the club anymore , why bring him back a year later?

Some serious revisionism here.

People have forgotten just how good he was for us, there was a period when many said we simply couldn't play without him in the side.

Sure he wasn't great in his last year, but who was ? As much as I like Tunguy, Christian is far more suited to the 10 role...and i'm sorry GLC isn't in the same class. The hype that fella got last season for a few mazy dribbles was way over board. Christian is x10 more effective.

Christian Eriksen: Spurs stats show EPL career was one of domination

Last edited:
He was great for us.

In 2018.

Anyone clamouring for Eriksen back must be the ones who want to give Dele a chance in the starting 11.

Some serious revisionism here.

People have forgotten just how good he was for us, there was a period when many said we simply couldn't play without him in the side.

Sure he wasn't great in his last year, but who was ? As much as I like Tunguy, Christian is far more suited to the 10 role...and i'm sorry GLC isn't in the same class. The hype that fella got last season for a few mazy dribbled was way over board. Christian is x10 more effective.

Christian Eriksen: Spurs stats show EPL career was one of domination
Eriksen was the only playmaker in prem that gave KdB and D.Silva a run for their money

Eriksen was the only playmaker in prem that gave KdB and D.Silva a run for their money

So was Ozil.

But he's washed now too. It happens.

I prefer to remember Eriksen and the rest from that era with fondness. The last season at the Lane etc. With Wanyama, Dele, Dembele, Vertonghen etc.

Not the shells they all became a few years later.

Dele and Eriksen are not same calibre of players though

Peak Dele is still 2 tiers below peak Eriksen

Its looking more like Eriksen was a fine system player. A cog in a well oiled machine.

And when we started taking those components out and replacing them with parts that weren't as good, he became a lesser component.

You will not get a single Spurs fan disagree that Eriksen in his day was outstanding. One of our key players, created goals, scored goals, ran alot.

But that was years ago. This would be up there with resigning Robbie Keane (or so far Gareth Bale).

Let's remember how he was. Not what he's become.

If its peak Eriksen then I'd happily have him back, but if it's the Eriksen of the last couple of years then I wouldn't be so keen. He just wasn't at his best before he left.
He's got to want to be here and he's got to work hard on the field to prove it in my view, there's no point him coming here if it's just to get away from Milan.

If its peak Eriksen then I'd happily have him back, but if it's the Eriksen of the last couple of years then I wouldn't be so keen. He just wasn't at his best before he left.
He's got to want to be here and he's got to work hard on the field to prove it in my view, there's no point him coming here if it's just to get away from Milan.
People are insanely sentimental. I loved Bale Erikesn and Dele Alli.... None of these men will imho ever reach anywhere near the level they were at. Move forward People ANY pressure that can be applied to the club to buy players who can reach those levels now. Sabitzer, Milenkovic, Camavinga. This needs to be our future. Time to move on.

Not only does he not want to be here but he clocked out long before he actually left. He also bottled pretty much every SF and final we got to. Do you really think serial winner Mourinho, who has players willing to fight tooth and nail for the defensive cause, is going to want this flaky cunt?

He's proving at Inter he's not up to the task. I maintain that you could put any good AM in the 2016-2018 Spurs team behind peak Kane/Son/Dele and have them producing the same numbers, if not better, than Eriksen. He was very good at times but his only role was to be the sole creativity and take the majority of set pieces. When you focus all of your creativity through one player he's obviously going to put numbers on the board.

He's still one of the best creators in Europe and overall better #10 than Tanguy/Gio

This would be a dream midfield

----Tanguy----PEH
Gio----Eriksen----Sonny
------------Kane

No more Winks and Sissoko, they have tortured us enough for years
Much rather

-------Skipp------PEH----------
Gio-------Ndombele-------Son
------------Kane----------------

"For a long time, we knew," Mourinho began. "We didn’t tell because of a moral agreement with him but from the first day I arrived, he told me he was not going to sign.

"For me, to try to have still a player without great motivations but still a player with a good sense of professionalism and respect for the club to give us what he could."

" Christian told me the decision was made and no way [did I try to persuade him]. From that moment, I was just trying to build the team without him.

"That was the reason why I didn’t play him many, many times. At the same time, Christian being a good professional and having respect for the club and his teammates I knew that with some limitations – there are always limitations with a player in his situation – that until his last day he tried to help the team and be a positive guy in the dressing room, which he was."

"Christian would always give us some of his talent until the end of the season," he added. "He is a good professional, respect to the club, respect to the dressing room, if he stayed here I think he would always give us something."

Not only does he not want to be here but he clocked out long before he actually left. He also bottled pretty much every SF and final we got to. Do you really think serial winner Mourinho, who has players willing to fight tooth and nail for the defensive cause, is going to want this flaky cunt?

He's proving at Inter he's not up to the task. I maintain that you could put any good AM in the 2016-2018 Spurs team behind peak Kane/Son/Dele and have them producing the same numbers, if not better, than Eriksen. He was very good at times but his only role was to be the sole creativity and take the majority of set pieces. When you focus all of your creativity through one player he's obviously going to put numbers on the board.
I agree he is not the player he once was, but no need to try and rewrite history, on his day he was brilliant for us!

If he wants to come back and play for us, then bring him back. Much better for our squad than Dele and with his head cleared I believe he would play much better.

If he’s reluctant then don’t bother. We only need players with a hunger to play for Tottenham. Not sure we can really fit his current salary into the squad though.

And I though the thread starter didn’t like boring football being played at a snails pace.

Worse corners than my nan could take as well.

I’m not really following the logic.
He was good.
Then he was shit.
Then he was sold.
Then he was shit.
Then he was sold.

Yep, one way ticket to the title that

Back
Top Bottom