Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

Conte was asked by a reporter if he would let Eriksen come and train with the team and Conte said the door was always open. Bit misleading that news sites are quoting Conte saying the "door is always open" as meaning he wants to sign him

Am I the only one who read the whole first page of the thread without clocking the year? :stupid:

Anyway. He can train with us but I don't see him coming back properly. Beckham trained with us about 10 years ago didn't he, never signed or played.

Question -

Do we think Harry Winks right now is better than Eriksen today?

If you had a choice between one or the other, who you taking?

I don't think anyone can realistically answer this. We have no idea about the state Christian is in physically, he could be fully fit and ready to go, or he could have deteriorated big time. We also don't know how it may have mentally impacted him, will he hold back, will he press with the same vigour? Loads of questions to be answered.

An Eriksen at even 50% is a better player than Winks, but we don't know if he's even there. I reckon if can be sanctioned and it's very low risk, we go for the punt. I'm not sure how it'll all work with insurance etc but I know Blind played for Ajax after a similar incident, so maybe there's a chance. We're desperate for a player who can both take set pieces and provide creativity, so why not?

Are we a club trying trying to win trophies or just just a sentimental, nostalgic group of dreamers?

Regardless of what eriksen did in the past he died on a football pitch and hasn’t played since, thinking he is anywhere near ready to play top flight football is fanciful.

Am I the only one who read the whole first page of the thread without clocking the year? :stupid:

Anyway. He can train with us but I don't see him coming back properly. Beckham trained with us about 10 years ago didn't he, never signed or played.
#metoo!!

It was only when I saw a post by Totti that I thought ‘that’s odd, I haven’t seen a post from that account for a while” when I clocked the year.

I don't think anyone can realistically answer this. We have no idea about the state Christian is in physically, he could be fully fit and ready to go, or he could have deteriorated big time. We also don't know how it may have mentally impacted him, will he hold back, will he press with the same vigour? Loads of questions to be answered.

An Eriksen at even 50% is a better player than Winks, but we don't know if he's even there. I reckon if can be sanctioned and it's very low risk, we go for the punt. I'm not sure how it'll all work with insurance etc but I know Blind played for Ajax after a similar incident, so maybe there's a chance. We're desperate for a player who can both take set pieces and provide creativity, so why not?
Two things...

Blind didn't actually die on the pitch though, that's a massive difference.

Son has been more productive from set pieces this season than Eriksen was from his last three seasons with us...

Two things...

Blind didn't actually die on the pitch though, that's a massive difference.

Son has been more productive from set pieces this season than Eriksen was from his last three seasons with us...

I don't remember the Blind incident itself..... Where/when did it happen?

I'm not sure it matters where the attack happened tbh. Besides, logically, if it wasn't triggered by exertion then that would make it comparatively more alarming.

2 decisive factors in all this:

1. Has Eriksen re-gained the fitness levels of a top pro players.
2. Will the necessary parties be able to insure him in this league?

I doubt #1.
I have no idea about #2 (has anyone got any insight on that matter).

Back
Top Bottom