Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't remember the Blind incident itself..... Where/when did it happen?

I'm not sure it matters where the attack happened tbh. Besides, logically, if it wasn't triggered by exertion then that would make it comparatively more alarming.

2 decisive factors in all this:

1. Has Eriksen re-gained the fitness levels of a top pro players.
2. Will the necessary parties be able to insure him in this league?

I doubt #1.
I have no idea about #2 (has anyone got any insight on that matter).
Blind felt dizziness during a match and the heart problem was discovered after a medical check however the worry is that even though he was fitted with a subcutaneous pace maker like Eriksen's he still collapsed during a friendly last summer...

People should move on, the guy is never going to be able to achieve PL levels of fitness ever again.

If this happed I'd be very excited about the fighting on here.

One camp lauding his distance covered stats and constantly reminding everyone that he has more assists this season in the Premier league than Hazard and Fabregas COMBINED.

The other camp pointing out his 10k run was in circles around the centre circle and he gave thr ball away 27 times.

If this happed I'd be very excited about the fighting on here.

One camp lauding his distance covered stats and constantly reminding everyone that he has more assists this season in the Premier league than Hazard and Fabregas COMBINED.

The other camp pointing out his 10k run was in circles around the centre circle and he gave thr ball away 27 times.
Distance stats!?!?!?!

The guy has a pacemaker and has never played a full game since he, you know, died on the pitch....

I'm guessing he would have to pass an ultra-extensive medical before being offered a contract. If he was fit enough to pass that, then he'd be welcome in the squad. Knows Conte ball and knows Spurs and is a good, technical player.

We move to 352 and get a new guy/Winks, Skipp/Hojbjerg, Eriksen/Lo Celso, that squad of midfielders could get us to the summer window, where we might then get another upgrade or two.

Players need insurance. Without being a nedical professional on his condition and recovery I doubt a Club / any club could insure him to play again.

People thinking he will play at a top level are living in dream land

ps. I hope this post doesn’t make me look like a nincompoop in a month or two.

Two things...

Blind didn't actually die on the pitch though, that's a massive difference.

Son has been more productive from set pieces this season than Eriksen was from his last three seasons with us...

Okay, but it’s up to the doctors. If they think it’s safe if he has a pacemaker, then that’s fine. If they don’t then he won’t be allowed to play at all, so there’s no discussion.

Maybe he has, but numbers can be deceiving in this scenario. Eriksen has the better technique from what I’ve seen of both.

Son has been more productive from set pieces this season than Eriksen was from his last three seasons with us...

Would be nice if Sonny could actually take the FKs that are within shooting range/angle too; rather than just the one's that Kane doesn't fancy.

OK, imagine he somehow passes a medical, the bump in insurance to play him won't put off Levy, he does enough in training and he plays in a competitive match....

Every time he goes down its not going to be like Harry where we'd be worrying about how many matches he might miss...we'd be worrying about whether he'll be getting up again...

What do you think the coaching staff will be thinking? They'd be worried that they'd killed him...there's no one that would want to risk that.

I love Eriksen, but we don’t need to be signing him. For the life of me I don’t understand the mentality of signing older, former players because “they are spurs”. Eriksen completely quit on us when he was forcing his transfer. We need to be signing younger players.

I’ll never ever forget the image of his lifeless greying face on the pitch during the euros. To think now that he was dead at that point is beyond creepy.

I’d really rather we didnt take that risk. Don’t get me wrong, if he wanted to do some light training with us or get a staff role, I’d be all for it. But games in Contes demanding system…too much,

So his contract expires today, surely a decision is made.
My understanding is that we walked away because we were unwilling to compete with what United are prepared to offer in terms of wages. Eriksen would be a useful addition to our squad but he's not a £350k a week player. It wouldn't be fair to Kane or Son if we gave him that kind of money.

United might be desperate enough to throw money at him but we're not. That's why we're developing into a big club and why Manchester United are losing that status.

He has a choice between United and Brentford and with the shambles currently going on in United I think he will probably choose Brentford. United are in a total mess. Why bother uprooting your family to take part in that circus? All they can offer is money.

Back
Top Bottom