Have we signed Coutinho yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Robbo has spoken! Let it be!

When asked by Football Insider if Daniel Levy should try and capitalise this summer, Robinson said: “The market will take a hit but there will still be movement of players.

“I can still see the Coutinho deal being done.

“Bayern have not taken the option and he has clearly not been part of Barcelona’s plans for a while now and I can see a move back to the Premier League happening.

“I think he would be a great signing for Spurs.

“I do not think he has settled since leaving the country and he is clearly a player that suits the Premier League. The league is stronger with him in it, certainly.”

Do we really think the window will be that much slower? From what I have read, the super rich have just gotten more wealthy over the course of this outbreak. For a lot of the larger clubs, they will be in the same position I believe.

Do we really think the window will be that much slower? From what I have read, the super rich have just gotten more wealthy over the course of this outbreak. For a lot of the larger clubs, they will be in the same position I believe.

Rich clubs will still spend, whilst enjoying even more leverage over the smaller clubs.

Expect fire-sales aplenty elsewhere from teams that have over committed during previous seasons.

Why is it when an Ex-player usually Bent says Tottenham should sign the player does it suddenly become transfer news or give spurs a big boost?
If so, between Bent, Robinson and Danny Murphy, we'll be spending the GDP of a large first world country in this transfer window.

Still, the 43 strikers we'll have to choose from should keep Harry on his toes

Football clubs can't be getting richer with no product to sell and no certain future selling it consistently.

Barca paid 145m for him. He's now 28 years old and rejected by barca and bayern. Clearly there is 'something wrong'.

Spurs wouldn't even spend north of 50m on Coutinho when we already have Alli and Lo Celso.

Move along.

Wages in 2019 = 11.23 million EUR

215kpw.

Anyone notice how he's not even being mooted as being for sale?

Barca couldn't hope to get anything but an embarrassingly low fee for him at this point as he's seen as such a high risk purchase and have to just make do with trying to rake back what they can in loan fees before taking the eventual hit when his contract bottoms out in a couple of years.

Wages in 2019 = 11.23 million EUR

215kpw.

Anyone notice how he's not even being mooted as being for sale?

Barca couldn't hope to get anything but an embarrassingly low fee for him at this point as he's seen as such a high risk purchase and have to just make do with trying to rake back what they can in loan fees before taking the eventual hit when his contract bottoms out in a couple of years.
Liverpool played a blinder getting all that money for him, yes he is a decent player but I never saw consistency in him.

You need willing buyers for a fire sale

Attempted fire-sales then....

You'd think at varying levels there'll be clubs that haven't perilously over-spent hoping to take advantage... I dunno, maybe you're right in that perhaps fear of spending will prevail for the more stable clubs.

At the richest end of the game I do suspect any rich or well run clubs will be fine and in the perfect position to pick off the best players from the vulnerable below them.....

Attempted fire-sales then....

You'd think at varying levels there'll be clubs that haven't perilously over-spent hoping to take advantage... I dunno, maybe you're right in that perhaps fear of spending will prevail for the more stable clubs.

At the richest end of the game I do suspect any rich or well run clubs will be fine and in the perfect position to pick off the best players from the vulnerable below them.....
I actually think a complete market 'collapse' is much needed - last few years player prices and agent fees have been propelled into the cunto-sphere of delusion and greed

I actually think a complete market 'collapse' is much needed - last few years player prices and agent fees have been propelled into the cunto-sphere of delusion and greed

I'd be happy enough to see what plays out in that scenario if it weren't for the fact that we all know what kind of clubs would emerge from the rubble relatively unscathed.

Back
Top Bottom