Have we signed Diaz yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:thumbup:
Columbia v Peru 21:00 Friday

Columbia also play Argentina 23:30 on February 1.
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

You forgot Bergwijn, just sayin'...

This guy is elite, you clearly haven't extensively scouted him like myself and most others (8mins youtube), wise up to us footi anoraks.

He looks like as near to Ginola type exciting as I can envisage us ever signing again. All else pales (was instantly 100% more this guy than Vlahovic)
Are you suggesting that my years of Tottenham might have left me a tad cynical 🤨?

David Maddock (@MaddockMirror) Tweeted: Liverpool closing in on spectacular transfer window coup for Luis Diaz.

Understood deal v.close with fee of £37.5m with £12.5m in add ons.

Reds beat Manchester United and Spurs to signing of Porto winger - seen as perfect fit for Liverpool front line.

#LFC
#TransferWindow

Theres the rub, you only get such players by paying the £ up front and not fucking around haggling over a few pounds or massively overpaying like your oil clubs.

I’m leaving the country tomorrow for ten days and thank fuck I am. This is depressing along with all of the other “misses”. I know we have to wait and see but so much of our “dealings” smacks of penny pinching shithousery it is hard to make a case in defence of those supposedly looking after transfers.

The saving grace is that Rangnick is being offered a long term contract as ManU manager, Conte is unlikely to find another decent club in PL in the near future - all the jobs seem secure
I honestly don’t think he’ll care if he is genuinely pissed off. Plus if he is a free agent jobs will “suddenly” become available

How do you know this? Simply we did all the bidding,the price was agreed then Liverpool matched it that left a straight choice for the player!
One team offers 5quid+ 55mil in addons. The other team offers 45mil up front. Witch one would you chose? I doubt Liverpool are offering him crazy money as salary. We waited to long. Other teams wrap up they business almost the moment there are links. We drag on for weeks and weeks.

So the new line of excuse of failing to do business is that the board was furious about storiew getting leaked to the press? Thats the reason we didnt get Diaz? 😂

They are very creative for coming up with all these bullshit arguments, got to give them that. Image rights, "stories leaking"... whats next? Sending bids via Email but to the wrong adress?

So Liverpool were hot on Diaz, he was their #1 target for the summer, and so when we got serious with Porto they pushed ahead their plans and dove in with a 60M bid six months ahead of schedule to ensure they secured their guy. And it's easy to see, he's so obviously the kind of player who matches the attributes of their front three.

This of course on the heels of selling Coutinho and buying Van Dijk the instant January 1st hit, and then seeing they were a goalkeeper short of greatness and paying whatever it took for Alisson.

This is not City or Chelsea spunking silly money ad infinitum. This is just decisive organization with total trust in its scouting and coaching setups and a commitment to making the most competitive team they can with the resources they can bring to bear.

It hardly even needs pointing out how polar opposite this is to Levy's entire concept of what the club or his job is. Night and day. Forget about the money, the very idea of a player who is that perfect, must-have fit doesn't even compute with the manner in which we do business.

it would be even more embarrassing for ENIC and the apologists if Liverpool were owned by an investment company like us and not a state financed ownership like they claim is the factor holding ENIC back.

This is just Levy’s latest version of Moutinho, Bruno and Dybala. Wait until there are just a few days left, make an low offer for a good player that you know won’t be accepted just to make it look like you are doing something. Then when nothing happens he can say “we tried but it wasn’t possible”. Rinse and repeat.

I will eat my own head if Levy spends the money it would take to sign this player. He will never do it. It would be like Elton John becoming heterosexual.
I hate to admit I've fallen for this trick many times, not realizing it was a trick. Up to and including Dybala.

That one just seemed too implausible to be true, so it finally clicked for me. Why would image rights sink an 80 million euro purchase? Just silly talk.

Back
Top Bottom