Have we signed Diaz yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky Sports on Monday at 10pm after finally running the arse out of this story: “From what I’m hearing there will be no incomings for Tottenham this window, but it’s not all bad news for Tottenham fans as it looks as though Dele Alli and Matt Doherty will be staying at the club”

Is Diaz actually any good though? We all love an expensive player but his stats have that whiff of a player that might come to spurs and end up shite. If we spending 60M then Id rather get a raphinha.

Is Diaz legit? Who else is after him? Or is he somewhat fringe obscure like a 40M lo celso or a 50M ndombele?
Based on the clips ( dangerous of course ) this chap is more left wing than Jeremy Corbyn.

That’s no bad thing. Unless you have a squad with Sessegnon, Regulion, Gil and Son (who can also play off the left).

If you do have a squad with Sessegnon, Regulion, Gil and Son (who can play off the left) I am not quite convinced the club’s priority should be another left winger, however good.

When we have zero credible creative options in CM. Have zero respectful options on the right side, no back up striker and some podcaster called Joe Rogan hanging about and can’t get a game for love not money, it seems the squad might have more problems than needing to buy another left winger.

Oh. And there is ten million man Jack Raymond Clarke. I’d forgotten him. He plays on the left too. :contethumb:

Based on the clips ( dangerous of course ) this chap is more left wing than Jeremy Corbyn.

That’s no bad thing. Unless you have a squad with Sessegnon, Regulion, Gil and Son (who can also play off the left).

If you do have a squad with Sessegnon, Regulion, Gil and Son (who can play off the left) I am not quite convinced the club’s priority should be another left winger, however good.

When we have zero credible creative options in CM. Have zero respectful options on the right side, no back up striker and some podcaster called Joe Rogan hanging about and can’t get a game for love not money, it seems the squad might have more problems than needing to buy another left winger.

Oh. And there is ten million man Jack Raymond Clarke. I’d forgotten him. He plays on the left too. :contethumb:

You forgot Bergwijn, just sayin'...

This guy is elite, you clearly haven't extensively scouted him like myself and most others (8mins youtube), wise up to us footi anoraks.

He looks like as near to Ginola type exciting as I can envisage us ever signing again. All else pales (was instantly 100% more this guy than Vlahovic)

You forgot Bergwijn, just sayin'...

This guy is elite, you clearly haven't extensively scouted him like myself and most others (8mins youtube), wise up to us footi anoraks.

He looks like as near to Ginola type exciting as I can envisage us ever signing again. All else pales (was instantly 100% more this guy than Vlahovic)
Are you suggesting that my years of Tottenham might have left me a tad cynical 🤨?

This is just Levy’s latest version of Moutinho, Bruno and Dybala. Wait until there are just a few days left, make an low offer for a good player that you know won’t be accepted just to make it look like you are doing something. Then when nothing happens he can say “we tried but it wasn’t possible”. Rinse and repeat.

I will eat my own head if Levy spends the money it would take to sign this player. He will never do it. It would be like Elton John becoming heterosexual.

Sky Sports on Monday at 10pm after finally running the arse out of this story: “From what I’m hearing there will be no incomings for Tottenham this window, but it’s not all bad news for Tottenham fans as it looks as though Dele Alli and Matt Doherty will be staying at the club”
This statement is called 'taking the piss'!

giphy.gif

Reports in Portugal state Liverpool have come in for him. They've struck a deal and he wants to join them.
Why would someone choose to join Liverpool over Tottenham?

They're only a significantly better football team with much better players who are paid better at a club who have an overwhelmingly better chance of winning silverware consistently.

:pocheyes:

Seems like the first step for any top talent to join a top club is for Spurs to submit a low ball offer that starts the bidding. I seriously sometimes wonder if Levy gets a couple points kickback on every successful transfer that nets a larger fee than Tottenham was willing to offer.

David Maddock (@MaddockMirror) Tweeted: Liverpool closing in on spectacular transfer window coup for Luis Diaz.

Understood deal v.close with fee of £37.5m with £12.5m in add ons.

Reds beat Manchester United and Spurs to signing of Porto winger - seen as perfect fit for Liverpool front line.

#LFC
#TransferWindow

David Maddock (@MaddockMirror) Tweeted: Liverpool closing in on spectacular transfer window coup for Luis Diaz.

Understood deal v.close with fee of £37.5m with £12.5m in add ons.

Reds beat Manchester United and Spurs to signing of Porto winger - seen as perfect fit for Liverpool front line.

#LFC
#TransferWindow

Theres the rub, you only get such players by paying the £ up front and not fucking around haggling over a few pounds or massively overpaying like your oil clubs.

Back
Top Bottom