Have we signed Diaz yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luis Diaz: Liverpool make move for Porto and Colombia winger​

By Mandeep SangheraBBC Sport
Last updated on7 hours ago7 hours ago.From the sectionLiverpool

Luis Diaz
Diaz has scored 20 goals in 37 appearances for club and country this season
Liverpool are trying to sign Colombia winger Luis Diaz from Porto in the current transfer window.
The deal, if completed, is expected to be worth €45m (£37.5m) plus a maximum of €15m in potential bonuses.

Why would any player want to come to our club? It's a stepping stone into continuous high expectations, a club in constant fluctuation into nothingness with very little chance of silverware. Hardly enticing is it!

Had we tried to attract a player like Diaz even a year or so post CL final, we'd have no problem. But now? :contescrewface:
150 - 200 reasons a week someone will come

So Liverpool were hot on Diaz, he was their #1 target for the summer, and so when we got serious with Porto they pushed ahead their plans and dove in with a 60M bid six months ahead of schedule to ensure they secured their guy. And it's easy to see, he's so obviously the kind of player who matches the attributes of their front three.

This of course on the heels of selling Coutinho and buying Van Dijk the instant January 1st hit, and then seeing they were a goalkeeper short of greatness and paying whatever it took for Alisson.

This is not City or Chelsea spunking silly money ad infinitum. This is just decisive organization with total trust in its scouting and coaching setups and a commitment to making the most competitive team they can with the resources they can bring to bear.

It hardly even needs pointing out how polar opposite this is to Levy's entire concept of what the club or his job is. Night and day. Forget about the money, the very idea of a player who is that perfect, must-have fit doesn't even compute with the manner in which we do business.

So Liverpool were hot on Diaz, he was their #1 target for the summer, and so when we got serious with Porto they pushed ahead their plans and dove in with a 60M bid six months ahead of schedule to ensure they secured their guy. And it's easy to see, he's so obviously the kind of player who matches the attributes of their front three.

This of course on the heels of selling Coutinho and buying Van Dijk the instant January 1st hit, and then seeing they were a goalkeeper short of greatness and paying whatever it took for Alisson.

This is not City or Chelsea spunking silly money ad infinitum. This is just decisive organization with total trust in its scouting and coaching setups and a commitment to making the most competitive team they can with the resources they can bring to bear.

It hardly even needs pointing out how polar opposite this is to Levy's entire concept of what the club or his job is. Night and day. Forget about the money, the very idea of a player who is that perfect, must-have fit doesn't even compute with the manner in which we do business.

it would be even more embarrassing for ENIC and the apologists if Liverpool were owned by an investment company like us and not a state financed ownership like they claim is the factor holding ENIC back.

first there was Figo (remember that?)
Then Diego 'The Sock' saga!!

and onto Mouthino....
B.Fernandes...
Dybala...
Couthino....
Traore....
Diaz ..?

The list goes on....
Were they ALL near misses, or just fanciful wishful thinking???

The bonus part is bollocks in our case . The selling club have gathered we will never meet them.
Just wishful thinking.
We offered far less as we always do , a punt in price but a serious club stepped in and payed what they wanted
Besides price Levy has made us a very unattractive club for any good player to sign for if there is an alternative.

first there was Figo (remember that?)
Then Diego 'The Sock' saga!!

and onto Mouthino....
B.Fernandes...
Dybala...
Couthino....
Traore....
Diaz ..?

The list goes on....
Were they ALL near misses, or just fanciful wishful thinking???

Benteke
Berahino
Zaha
Martial

Sometimes missing out on players works in our favour too.

I know this forum would be boring as fuck if everyone was like me, but I just can't be arsed with media/twitter speculation and hearsay, and it genuinely surprises me how much so many people buy into it and how angry what is most likely absolute bollocks makes them.

I know this forum would be boring as fuck if everyone was like me, but I just can't be arsed with media/twitter speculation and hearsay, and it genuinely surprises me how much so many people buy into it and how angry what is most likely absolute bollocks makes them.

This whole forum is based around a bunch of men running around a field kicking a spherical thing filled with air.

It’s all absolute bollocks at the end of the day.

Just good fun to get angry with total random shit isn’t it.

Back
Top Bottom