Edinson Cavani

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good signing?

• Yes

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 62.0%

• Total voters

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Has rejected a move to Juventus whilst a move to Benfica fell through as he wants around £175k a week.

World class player (who is a free agent) and would be a great addition to our squad IMO.

Was linked to us in January and Jose is a big fan.

The last word podcast boys are fans too...

Thoughts?

I can imagine he has a lot of interest in coming here and being a back-up, but if he is happy to play in that role then it would be a good signing.

But I would take a lot of time ensuring that he is fine with being the back-up and not just saying it thinking he will come in and become the starter.

I can imagine he has a lot of interest in coming here and being a back-up, but if he is happy to play in that role then it would be a good signing.

But I would take a lot of time ensuring that he is fine with being the back-up and not just saying it thinking he will come in and become the starter.
josee can always play a front two if needed. cavanI will complement kane well with his relentless hassling of defenders

josee can always play a front two if needed. cavanI will complement kane well with his relentless hassling of defenders

Sure but in that case who is playing striker for us in EL/Cup games?

Im not sure either Kane or Cavani are good options to be doing double or triple duty, at least not in the early rounds of both competitions.

Sure but in that case who is playing striker for us in EL/Cup games?

Im not sure either Kane or Cavani are good options to be doing double or triple duty, at least not in the early rounds of both competitions.
get deeney as a third cog on loan then. cavanI or suarez on a free is like winning the lottery. just do it.

Has rejected a move to Juventus whilst a move to Benfica fell through as he wants around £175k a week.

World class player (who is a free agent) and would be a great addition to our squad IMO.

Was linked to us in January and Jose is a big fan.

The last word podcast boys are fans too...

Thoughts?
Rejects one club because he is looking for a 175k a week deal

Spurs are clearly the obvious next link with our flexible and generous wage structure

‘Back-up to Kane’

If he plays well/better than Kane and we play one proper striker upfront + Son then why not a first teamer? I don’t get this mindset that Kane is undroppable.

‘Back-up to Kane’

If he plays well/better than Kane and we play one proper striker upfront + Son then why not a first teamer? I don’t get this mindset that Kane is undroppable.

If a 33 year old Cavani comes in and displaced Kane then we are in trouble.

I dont think anyone said that Kane is undroppable. Thinking that a 33 year old Cavani who is clearly declining is going to come in and be a back up to a prime Harry Kane isn’t saying Kane is undroppable it’s being realistic to what Cavani is at this point.

Clearly declining?!

Haha!

Yes he is clearly decliing he went from seasons of 48 games and 38 goals and 33 games with 23 goals to a season of 22 games and 7 goals, wasn't extended to stay with PSG for the CL run and is now being linked with such giants as Benfica and the MLS.

If he was a free agent in his prime he would be linked to RM, Barca, PSG, City, United etc.

There is no denying that Cavani is on the decline and not a player at the level of Kane. For him to come in and replace Kane as the #1 striker the likelihood is that Kane is struggling not that Kane is at his peak and 33 year old Cavani is better.

I remember we were 'close' to signing him 10 years ago when he was at Palermo and how many people thought it'd be a rubbish signing because of his record.

‘Back-up to Kane’

if Kane is off form or coming back from injury yes although I rate Kane better than Cavani. There are not many out and out strikers better than Kane, Lewandowski and that’s probably about it. Kane’s issue the past few years has been injuries and return from injury.

Back
Top Bottom