Have we signed Esteban Cambiasso yet [The race]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This signing is nonsense. It makes no sense.

Those trying to rationalize it by saying "Poch knows him" are clutching at straws. They never even played for Argentina at the same time.

No pace, no power and has been on a major decline, along with the rest of Inter since Mourinho left. I would be hugely disappointed to see him arrive.
If this signing makes no sense, then what dose that say about Pochettino? IF, we are seriously looking at Cambiasso, then surely Poch has his reasons. And I am surmising its for his leadership qualities and his ability to interpret, instruct and implement a tactical change and instruction? I,m not saying this signing is a must. I,m saying Poch must have good reason if there is any truth to it!

COYS!!

Cambiasso would be a fucking great signing as our mentality fucking sucked last season and this guy is a winner and a leader to boot. Fuck his age we need a couple of guys round our squad who have been there and done it, their influence is invaluable. If we signed him I doubt he'd start much.

Last edited:
The swag alone is worth at least 10m, imv

:levyeyes:
Too true.

yoeSNIJ.jpg

Looking increasing likely its a done deal
He will be 34 when the season starts, has just been let go by Inter and Inter fans for a couple of years have been saying he is over the hill and needed replacing. He also was done at international level 3 years ago.

Really can't see the point of this one TBH
AC Milan released Pirlo, saying he was "passed his best".

Don't forget that.

I hear what you are saying, but Pirlo's game is to sit in a 'nest' and distribute the ball protected by Pogba, Vidal etc. A very different sort of player to Cambiasso who in effect we would want to play a DM role.
A role that doesn't need youth in order to excel. Scott Parker showed that. Cambiasso is a cut above him. 34 isn't that old anymore. We could easily get a few years out of him, but to echo what others have said, his best attributes might be offered off the field rather than on it.

He is on a free - if it too good to be true then it is TOO good to be TRUE = don't take it.
Save the wages for someone else.
If Poch wants leaders - then lets give more responsibility to Lloris, Vertonghen and Soldado.
All these three have been leaders of club and other countries in other situations.
I would personally give captaincy to Hugo and his deputy as Jan. I have noticed how in a WC environment both these chaps have responded to leadership roles.
Cambaisso coming in to give leadership will only piss of Hugo, Jan, Soldado and Younas.

The thing is that, even if Sandro, Capoue and/or Dembélé are leaving we're in need of a somehow creative CM/DM. A deep-lying-playmaker to be precise. Because our CM neither lacks quality nor quantity but it lacks different playertypes. Sandro and Capoue are more destructive DMs while Dembélé and Paulinho are typical box-to-box players with a somehow different style of playing. But none of them has the vision to setup the game dangerously. That is not inevitably a problem because a deep-dropping Eriksen or maybe Lamela could solve that issue but with a deep-lying playmaker in DM or CM these players could concentrate more on the attacking third rather than playing the first balls.
I know we still have Holtby and maybe Carroll but they're both not necessarily part of the next-seasons squad due to their quality.
Concluding I'd like to see that deep creative type of player as replacement of a potential leaving DM rather than replace them with a similar player type.
(Or buy Moutinho, then I'm happy aswell :townhmm:).

Back
Top Bottom