Have We Signed Gareth Bale Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much as I have no time for Kane, he is probably the only player who is actually better when he is in the team than not.

All we will get from Dier's return is how much we missed him when he wasn't playing. It won't last long.

Dier is sadly another example of a player who has stagnated and fine backwards.

Last edited:
Much as I have no time for Kane, he is probably the only player who is actually better when he is in the team than not.

All we will get from Dier's return is hand how much we missed him when he wasn't playing. It won't last long.

Dier is sadly another example of a player who has stagnated and fine backwards.

Our defence has been far better organised with Dier in it.

Last edited:
If we actually sign Bale it can only be a publicity stunt by ENIC. He wants to keep playing for the WC (if they qualify) would be my guess but I see no benefit to Spurs at all

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Fuck me we've had some truly great players pass through our club...
Just a shame they were never able to provide a trophy to go with it!
(Then again, maybe there were a few too many mediocre players around them at the time!!)

(Then again, maybe there were a few too many mediocre players around them at the time!!)
Very true. On reflection I'm just thankful that we got to see Ledley lift a trophy.

A lot of the time, that's because they leave to win easy medals at other clubs.
We were once a good stepping stone club, where we could elevate ourselves in the period those players were with us.
But the way football has gone lately with mental fees and the fact Levy over prices players, a lot of them would rather bypass us and go straight to Chelsea, City, Liverpool etc now.
Be serious, if you weren't a Spurs fan, were a very promising talent, and wanted a mid way step up, would you sign a 5 year contract with Spurs? I wouldn't. The only way I would do it, would be with a very reasonable release clause and we know Levy would never allow that.

As long as he isn’t after insane wages (and after milking Madrid for 9 years, I doubt he needs it - well done Gareth 😂), I’d take him back and use him as a bit part player.

We’re gonna need depth. He’s supposed to be pretty good at football. He has experience playing in the big games, he’s homegrown and it'll give Harry someone to play golf with.

Obviously isn’t a player who totally matches Conte’s system but surely a ridiculously good option to bring in with half an hour left to run at tired legs.

A year contract with option to extend. £200k a week. Free golf lessons. We should do it I reckon.

As long as he isn’t after insane wages (and after milking Madrid for 9 years, I doubt he needs it - well done Gareth 😂), I’d take him back and use him as a bit part player.

We’re gonna need depth. He’s supposed to be pretty good at football. He has experience playing in the big games, he’s homegrown and it'll give Harry someone to play golf with.

Obviously isn’t a player who totally matches Conte’s system but surely a ridiculously good option to bring in with half an hour left to run at tired legs.

A year contract with option to extend. £200k a week. Free golf lessons. We should do it I reckon.

Lmao, £200k a week for a player who wouldn't be a starter.

What would the squad think? First teamers not on £200k a week.

Back
Top Bottom