Have we signed Hulk yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Coentrao

Sandro Paulinho
Dembele

Hulk----------------------------Lamela
Soldado
Yes please.

No thanks. Corntrao would never come, that midfield lacks creativity and is spread too thin, and Lemela/Hulk play the same position.

En route to coffee, might make your lineup look better and I won't be a dick about it

the thing i like most in Hulk's way of play is that even being an aggressive attacking winger, always looking for the goal, still, he works a lot to help the team in defence. Thats why he'll be part of brazilian's first xi for long time

Aren't his problems in Russia mainly to do with the disgusting abuse he has to put up with from his own fans?

Yes, a fair point. Absolutely. His wages did cause some rifts within the squad though. Which isn't his fault though. So I guess my point is moot.

EDIT: However, I do prefer Lamela for reasons listed above if we have to pick! Obviously, Hulk would be a stellar signing, I'm not an idiot. But to me, Lamela fits the mould better! I am a bit biased as a mate of mine is an avid Roma fan, so I've seen (and heard) quite a bit of Lamela and my mate is not happy with him possibly leaving!

Yes, a fair point. Absolutely. His wages did cause some rifts within the squad though. Which isn't his fault though.
Take the big money, cop the fall out: Only difference is that their fans are not overly friendly with persons from minority cultures

Hulk's ability is incredible. I don't think his move to Russia has been great for him for whatever reason(s). I think Hulk at Spurs, under AVB would be back to his best. The issue though is going to be his cost (both the fee and the wages) and the fact that Chelski or Manure or even Woolwich would likely be interested too.

Care to elaborate more?
He doesn't get abused. Well, not any more than let's say Shirokov... Or Kerzhakov.

PS. Zenit fans are a strange bunch... They obviously have a large number of racists amongst them, yet, i was watching Zenit play the other day and they were all (the whole stadium) singing Witsel's name and stuff... And, as you may know, Witsel isn't really white...
616683513.jpg

He doesn't get abused. Well, not any more than let's say Shirokov... Or Kerzhakov.

PS. Zenit fans are a strange bunch... They obviously have a large number of racists amongst them, yet, i was watching Zenit play the other day and they were all (the whole stadium) singing Witsel's name and stuff... And, as you may know, Witsel isn't really white...
616683513.jpg

So the letter from the fans telling zenit to sell all their black players didn't exist?

@ Tucker Tucker , I erased my original reply. I really don't want to have a discussion where i am forced to defend Zenit fans. Especially with a person whose opinion on the matter is based mostly on hearsay.

Your original suggestion was...
Aren't his problems in Russia mainly to do with the disgusting abuse he has to put up with from his own fans?
... wrong. His problems in Russia have nothing to do with racism.
If you don't believe me, ask @ vadimivich vadimivich or maybe @ Éperons Éperons . They seem to be familiar with the Russian Premier League.
Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
@ Tucker Tucker , I erased my original reply. I really don't want to have a discussion where i am forced to defend Zenit fans. Especially with a person whose opinion on the matter is based mostly on hearsay.

Your original suggestion was...

... wrong. His problems in Russia have nothing to do with racism.
If you don't believe me, ask @ vadimivich vadimivich or maybe @ Éperons Éperons . They seem to be familiar with the Russian Premier League.
Let's leave it at that.

I'm not forcing you to do anything mate. The racial anise in the Russian league is rather well documented. It's not just a matter of hearsay (awful band)

Back
Top Bottom