Have we signed Krzysztof Piatek?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Easy flog?

Soldado, janssen, Rose, eriksen, waynyama, kwp nkoudu beg to differ.
This is my concern at the thought process of buying because his fee is reasonable. Our wage bill is considerably higher than many clubs in Europe and those in the Prem below us.

If he struggles then we can be a bit stuck with a player that is hard to sell.

Personally ain't fussed 30 million near enough is a lot of money and a big risk on him. Jose was always my preferred target as I think he would suit the league and out style more.

Piatek is a great finisher but his hold up and build up aint great IMO

Loan to buy was OK but 27m for a reserve who frankly isn't proven top drawer, not sure we should be doing that ..... there are better options in the summer I'm sure.

It's the Kane situation all over again. Really if we do have high hopes for Parrott we only need sufficient cover for 1.5-2.5 years before his influence doesn't impact the team negatively based on his current inexperience.

We have pressing issues in the squad moving forward, mostly defensive focused and with a kitty already £25m in deficit due to loan repayments on the stadium each year moving forward, do we really want to slap the same amount we've just paid to make Lo Celso permanent and to bring Bergwijn through the door on what would be a backup as Kane will always be top dog up front?

If Parrott wasn't in the mix I would say absolutely throw £27m at a backup striker for the next 4-5 years but when I look at Parrott, see what he can be maybe a 33 year old looking for minutes this season and happy to do his part next season so that Parrott can step up more rounded as a 19-20 year old when that time comes with no added obstacles in his way? The more I think about it, if Chelsea are prepared to sell for £4.5m I think Giroud is the smartest move based around on field needs we are now looking at.

Giroud for £4.5m, 1.5 year contract, Troy comes into play a year and a half stronger, groomed to compete good and proper. Makes sense rather than chuck coin at something only to be left with 3 players fighting it out for sole up top slot in the 4-2-3-1 formation most teams go with this day and age. Giroud for me, what the hell am I thinking? :mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
If we were really convinced by the guy then we’d of paid the money for him, we obviously weren’t by only wanting a loan. Got to trust the club on this one. After Janssen I’m nervous about bringing a striker in who has only had a year or two of top level football, even if they did get a bucketload of goals.

Back
Top Bottom