Clément Lenglet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First reply to that tweet is encouraging!

(In all seriousness let's see what Conte can get out of him I guess .. bit underwhelming when we started the window off with hopes of Bastoni, but with the more high profile options not being viable this seems an OK compromise.)

(In all seriousness let's see what Conte can get out of him I guess .. bit underwhelming when we started the window off with hopes of Bastoni, but with the more high profile options not being viable this seems an OK compromise.)

Pretty similar reactions by some Juve fans when we signed Bentancur and Kulusevski. Apparently Conte thinks Lenglet can be a useful player for our team, that's good enough for me for now.

He will be in the Bentancur & Kulusevski, classed as shit but will do well

Stats wise he suits what we need at lcb and afew years back was the next big centreback around, Conte will get him playing

Rather him than £50mil on Torres
Very similar player to Torres. Agreed, I'm a bit nervous about it but think he'll do well and probably end up first choice at lcb.

Kulusevski was called a “snail” and both he and Bentancur were “Juve rejects” when they signed, now look at them.

Lenglet might be hopeless for us, or he could be a great asset to the team, but it’s only a year long loan deal so it’s actually very low risk.

No complaints from me, I’ll judge him after his first few games for us 👍🏻

Something tells me he's not really sorry

Pretty similar reactions by some Juve fans when we signed Bentancur and Kulusevski. Apparently Conte thinks Lenglet can be a useful player for our team, that's good enough for me for now.

Yeah, Barcelona are really not very well run. This seems more like a bit of a punt on an option to buy to help give us cover at LCB whilst we bide our time for a sexier option. That or he ends up actually being great, in which case problem solved.

Low risk transfer, makes sense with Bastoni staying & Gvardiol's pricetag being so high.

This is good news. The Twitter zeitgeist is thick as shit. If that’s what you make of someone capped at every youth level for France and with 15 full caps for the most talented team in the world, with a particular abundance at centre back… then you don’t know your ass from your elbow.

I fucking hate lenglet but he’s clearly a quality player and conte has already worked wonders. A 6’3 left-footed centreback who will cost us close to nothing is a great deal. If he’s that shit he can give Ben a rest for the cups but he won’t be.

The main thing is look at Conte's record with making players amazing bring them from out of nowhere

This guy has talent and our system will protect him, can see Davies starting the season and Lenglet impressing as rotation

He will be in the Bentancur & Kulusevski, classed as shit but will do well

Stats wise he suits what we need at lcb and afew years back was the next big centreback around, Conte will get him playing

Rather him than £50mil on Torres

Agreed, if we can't get our top LCB options this window, i don't want to buy 3rd/4th choice and be stuck with them when they don't pan out

He's better than Tanganga & Rodon. So from that perspective, he improves our depth from where we are now.

He'll probably be covering for Davies and Dier. So the deal makes sense if you can't land your prime targets for LCB/CB until the next window or even next year. Looks like we are prepared to splash out for this position but only if it's the couple that has been mentioned.

Feels like the kind of player that would have ended up at Woolwich at the end of the window once they realized their defense is a bit shit.

Because he was shit against Switzerland in the euros last year (most pathetic leap for a header ever for their first goal). But that is pretty irrational and he was playing the Dier role that night.

Fact is he’s a classy CB on the ball and would be good in the Davies role.

Back
Top Bottom