Clément Lenglet

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unsurprised he doesn't rate Lenglet either as he doesn't have a fucking clue about football whatsoever.

Waiting to find out he's actually American as he's so clueless.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

If anyone wants to see him play at CCB in Dier’s role, go watch the France 3-3 Switzerland game in the EUROs last summer. Absolute disaster, he got bodied off and outjumped by Seferovic. I think he Conte will only use him as a backup to Davies at LCB

Low risk with a very high reward move. He refinds his form, and we have bought a monster ball-playing LCB for a reported £6M. He doesn't perform, and we can just send him back (I doubt that to be fair).

You think wrong then. From the sounds of it Conte rates him.
I think he thinks that he's a better option than Rodon or Tanganga. I don't think (on current form) that he's better than Davies or Dier, so expect him to be their back-up (especially Davies, not so much Dier).

this is me just guessing. There's still the whole of July to come yet, so let's see if we sell or loan out Tanganga or Rodon which would cement this theory. Some in the media still think we are trying for another CB before the season starts, so there's a fair bit to play out before we can fully interpret the plan.

He's been playing in a 2 man CB pairing with Pique who is 85 years old and cheated on Shakira. Not the best partner in both senses. I think he'll refind his form in a three with Romero & Eric.

If Conte wants him, he's capable.

Absolute no brainer if the reported loan to 6m buy clause is correct. We get experienced cover with potential to move into the starting lineup if he regains form, and we also get the option of keeping the lad for next to nothing if we are impressed. Amazing business I'd say.

Really hope theres a cheap buy option. No doubt Conte will raise this guy's value.

Could see Lenglet starting more against clubs that park the bus and Davies step in against bigger clubs.
If Conte and his coaching staff can improve his defensive movement and physicality to premier league standard I think we got a decent loan deal. He is extremely comfortable on the ball.
Definitely a player for the left side when we have possession against park the bus teams like you said.

Back
Top Bottom