Have we signed Messi yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d have to think hard here but Ginola may be the last exciting player we signed already knowing what we were getting in advance? and obviously Klinsmann before that? Certainly all pre ENIC years...Has anyone any players to add that I may have over looked?

Jermain Defoe's return in January 2009 was pretty exciting; especially with all the problems we had in the season up to that point. And we certainly knew what were getting!

Come to think of it, Harry Redknapp's appointment was a pretty exciting time. I will never forget the moment I turned on the radio on the Sunday morning just before the Bolton game to find out that Ramos had been sacked and Harry was our new manager. And the way Harry turned things around for us was just amazing. I have never known another manager to have that much of an impact that quickly. Deserves to be remembered as one of the best managers in the club's history for that season alone.

Jermain Defoe's return in January 2009 was pretty exciting; especially with all the problems we had in the season up to that point. And we certainly knew what were getting!

Come to think of it, Harry Redknapp's appointment was a pretty exciting time. I will never forget the moment I turned on the radio on the Sunday morning just before the Bolton game to find out that Ramos had been sacked and Harry was our new manager. And the way Harry turned things around for us was just amazing. I have never known another manager to have that much of an impact that quickly. Deserves to be remembered as one of the best managers in the club's history for that season alone.

Van Der Fookin Vart

Yep, I’m a big Redknapp fan and it was a damn good time under Harry...
But Harry could have went any which way, exciting yes, but nowhere near a Ginola and certainly not a Klinsmann signing boast back in the day...
Don’t know if you remember Klinsmann, but the media gave us a chance of the league based on one signing, keep in mind very few “proper” world class players actually “came” to the premier league back then, in fact they don’t even come that much these days either...so Jurgen Klinsmann was truly a superstar signing of his era for Spurs...

corr27.jpg

Deserves to be remembered as one of the best managers in the club's history for that season alone.

Based on his points per game had he been there the whole season would have finished 6th. “Harry Redknapp - One of the best”.

Season just gone had Mourinho been there whole season we would have finished 3rd based on points per game.

Maybe Mourinho deserves a statue and a stand named after him!!!

My toke:

Messi has nothing to prove at national level.
We have two Argentinian international midfielders in our first team.
World Cup's in two years.
= Chance to build some chemistry for the last dance.

G'wan son, you know you want to!

Seriously though, as much as I would hate City to get him, I'd just be happy to see him in the PL. I can't see him leaving Barca, though. It's not going to happen. But then I didn't think we'd finish 2019 season, either, so what do I know?

Wonder how Barca fans will feel about him now?

There are multiple interviews with him saying he wished to stay with Barca forever and retire there...

Back
Top Bottom