Have We Signed Michel Vorm Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Apparently yes... :pochfacepalm:

This is actually smart...

Why the facepalm?

when the first choice GK gets injured its common to bring in an emergency loan GK - this is the smartest option not something to be ridiculed imo.

Makes sense but it doesn't say too much about our 3rd choice options it would seem. Smart move

This is a logical move, it’s not a question of a lack of trust in Whiteman as third choice. Hugo suffered a serious injury that may take a long time to fully recover from and could even limit his ability to play, we can’t go a whole season with only two keepers, one of whom has never played for us.

Vorm knows the club, is a good pro and will probably never play. He will take some pressure off Gazzaniga as well, it can’t be easy to replace the club captain for half a season knowing there is no other senior keeper to train with. No brainer IMO.

Michel Vorm announces retirement - Football Oranje

Former Utrecht and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Michel Vorm has announced his retirement at the age of 37.

Vorm left Tottenham Hotspur at the end of last season and has now decided to retire instead of looking for a new club.

The 15-time Netherlands international started his career with Utrecht, and made 159 appearances for the club before joining Swansea City in 2011, After three years at the club he then joined Tottenham, and made 48 appearances for the Premier League side.

Vorm was part of the Netherlands squad that finished runners up in the 2010 World Cup, and the squad that was third in the 2014 World Cup.

Vorm took to Instagram to announce his retirement, “I am grateful to have been able to play for all these clubs and I am honoured to have been able to represent my country in international tournaments. I am immensely grateful to be a part of such a great history. A gold medal at the European Under-21 Championship, a silver medal at the 2010 World Cup and a bronze medal at the 2014 World Cup.”

Makes sense but it doesn't say too much about our 3rd choice options it would seem. Smart move
Our 3rd choice is Alfie Whiteman (21), who's incredably inexperienced. Vorm bridges the gap between Gazzaniga and Whiteman, which I think makes a lot of sense. Also, to have Vorm around on matchdays will be good support for Gazzaninga and perhaps the entire team might be a very negative feel if Gazza woke up with a cold and couldn't play. Vorm just slots in, experienced, knows the team well, they know him well etc...

Back
Top Bottom