Have We Signed Michel Vorm Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Apparently yes... :pochfacepalm:

This is actually smart...

Why the facepalm?

Makes sense but it doesn't say too much about our 3rd choice options it would seem. Smart move
Our 3rd choice is Alfie Whiteman (21), who's incredably inexperienced. Vorm bridges the gap between Gazzaniga and Whiteman, which I think makes a lot of sense. Also, to have Vorm around on matchdays will be good support for Gazzaninga and perhaps the entire team might be a very negative feel if Gazza woke up with a cold and couldn't play. Vorm just slots in, experienced, knows the team well, they know him well etc...

Our 3rd choice is Alfie Whiteman (21), who's incredably inexperienced. Vorm bridges the gap between Gazzaniga and Whiteman, which I think makes a lot of sense. Also, to have Vorm around on matchdays will be good support for Gazzaninga and perhaps the entire team might be a very negative feel if Gazza woke up with a cold and couldn't play. Vorm just slots in, experienced, knows the team well, they know him well etc...

Only downside is that as Vorm is overseas trained I don't think we can fit him into CL squad, but ok for PL squad

Ahh, had forgotten that.

Doesn't stop us signing a home trained GK, but when I looked round there were not too many options, best I could see was Mark Bunn (Spurs academy trained) who had PL experience with Norwich and Aston Villa, now GK coach at Colchester after being released by Villa in the summer.

We can of course change the CL squad in January, if Spurs fell it necessary to include rn Vorm in the squad for the knockout stages.

Makes sense but it doesn't say too much about our 3rd choice options it would seem. Smart move

This is a logical move, it’s not a question of a lack of trust in Whiteman as third choice. Hugo suffered a serious injury that may take a long time to fully recover from and could even limit his ability to play, we can’t go a whole season with only two keepers, one of whom has never played for us.

Vorm knows the club, is a good pro and will probably never play. He will take some pressure off Gazzaniga as well, it can’t be easy to replace the club captain for half a season knowing there is no other senior keeper to train with. No brainer IMO.

This is a logical move, it’s not a question of a lack of trust in Whiteman as third choice. Hugo suffered a serious injury that may take a long time to fully recover from and could even limit his ability to play, we can’t go a whole season with only two keepers, one of whom has never played for us.

Vorm knows the club, is a good pro and will probably never play. He will take some pressure off Gazzaniga as well, it can’t be easy to replace the club captain for half a season knowing there is no other senior keeper to train with. No brainer IMO.

It's definitely the right move but it does show a lack of trust in our 3rd choice keeper. If Poch genuinely believed he could hack it sufficiently enough he wouldn't be going back in for Vorm. Don't get me wrong it's absolutely the right move but Vorm was probably only not kept on due to HG/nonHG reasons. After all, the moment our 3rd choice GK gets remotely close to a potential start he ends up moving further down the ranks.

It's the right move but it does kind of show Whitemans status as genuine 3rd choice at the club was a false position. Either that or the management team didn't push through with offering him sufficient development opportunities much like we seemingly haven't with the likes of Walker-Peters etc. Right call but shows the youth boys aren't up to scratch.

Back
Top Bottom