Have We Signed Michel Vorm Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Curious as to how he didn't get another club. More than good enough for a side in the lower half.
He wanted to move home to Holland and I guess that none of the big 3 bit (they all have good goalies to be fair) and the other clubs could not afford his wage?

We're probably paying double what we paid last season ...

We Spurs fans have short memories- he really isn’t good enough for Spurs even as a back up. Like Gazza he has mistakes in him but at least Gazza has physical presence and a decent reach. I don’t remember any games that Vorm played in when I felt confident in him - he is too small and weak. I also remember the goal kick that he took that went out for a corner.

Michel Vorm announces retirement - Football Oranje

Former Utrecht and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Michel Vorm has announced his retirement at the age of 37.

Vorm left Tottenham Hotspur at the end of last season and has now decided to retire instead of looking for a new club.

The 15-time Netherlands international started his career with Utrecht, and made 159 appearances for the club before joining Swansea City in 2011, After three years at the club he then joined Tottenham, and made 48 appearances for the Premier League side.

Vorm was part of the Netherlands squad that finished runners up in the 2010 World Cup, and the squad that was third in the 2014 World Cup.

Vorm took to Instagram to announce his retirement, “I am grateful to have been able to play for all these clubs and I am honoured to have been able to represent my country in international tournaments. I am immensely grateful to be a part of such a great history. A gold medal at the European Under-21 Championship, a silver medal at the 2010 World Cup and a bronze medal at the 2014 World Cup.”

Shame... he joins a LOOOOOOOOOONG list of players (Andy Sinton, Ruel Fox, Chris Armstrong, Sergei Rebrov, Jermaine Jenas, Jamie Redknapp... need I go on?) Who looked the bees knees when playing for other clubs... then we did something to them the moment they walked through the door...

He should've been a great back-up keeper... and yet all I can remember him for are the FA Cup Semi-Final against Utd, and the FA Cup howler against Norwich last season...

I'm sure he did some good things in between... and he seems like a great character, and popular member of the squad... but unfortunately, being a 'keeper... your mistakes are what you're remembered for...
It goes with the Job description unfortunately!

I wish him well... he'll probably make a great coach somewhere (fuck, even Bobby Mimms managed to forge a career as a decent GK Coach apparently!!!!)

Back
Top Bottom