Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EioR-sYXkAAhZnC

966978_Screen_Shot_2017_02_21_at_12_65a042f5017f485b3c9d6175aa92e5a4

Said it before - bringing in a new defender isn't necessarily going to improve our defending. We need to be better coached and more well drilled when defending. It shouldn't even matter who we have at the back. Alderweireld and Sanche are not bad defenders.

FFS, I've seen the likes of James Tarkowski and Ben Mee look solid and keep cleansheets - these aren't top class centre backs. But they've been well coached on the training ground and defend well, not just together as a partnership but defensively as a team.

Yes, I am all for backing anyone Mourinho wants in - but people expecting Skriniar to just turn us from the calamity we are defensively right now into prime Poch years need to wake up.

Last edited:
I don't think Eric Dier is a particularly good CB, he's a PL level player but I don't think he can be starting week in and out for a side looking to crack the top 4. Milan Skriniar is legitimately one of the best CBs in the Serie A and is only leaving because he doesn't fit ideally with the back 3 that Conte wants to deploy. To me, this is a good opportunity for us to really improve our defense and if the club can afford it, they should go for it.

This was always going to happen after we refinanced the stadium last summer, I will admit I am surprised it is occurring in the middle of a pandemic where our £1b asset basically can't generate any revenue.
Yeah that’s what I said above.

Perhaps Levy has finally learnt to let his hair down and finally have some fun.

EDIT: actually, he has no hair, so what the fuck is going on??!!

Is it insane though ?!?

Cause I look at the team, and I seriously doubt we would do extremely well even with this exact lineup.
Who is controlling the tempo in this side, tell me?

I hope Hjojberg will grow into the expectations still, but deary me - first 2 games in EPL he has been invisible. Who is the player who stands in the midfield and yells "Fuck it, give me the ball!!" and who is then able to take the ball under control, fends off opponent midfielders and then is able to do something with the ball?
Up to now, Hjojberg will not be it. Lo Celso is energetic and decent player but not it either. Ndombele is good and I actually liked what he did vs Soton in 1st half (okay all passes did not reach the target but he was always aiming to play the ball forward), and at times he is able to break the line of opposite team formation. But I feel that if opposition midfield is stronger, he would struggle as well.

Back in the day we had engine room with 2 players who could do what I described in Dembele and Wanyama. Now I still feel we have none and it is a worry.
Lo Celso and Ndombele can easily dictate the tempo of a game. They are capable of doing it on their own, if they get fully fit and play together?

With Hojberg actually sitting and mopping up we would dominate most games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom