Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet we have dropped enough points that would have put us top.
We were lucky that Kane has cleared 2 away recently and we have given away silly penalties.
Toby can look slow
Sanchez looks dodgy
Dier is always likely to give a chance
Davies could be a possibility
Let's hope Rodon emerges quickly.
If we want to win this league we need to measure by higher standards ?

Well, if we want to win the league, we need to win more games than everyone else.

With Kane and Son, it's likely we'll win many.

They say titles are won on defences. We have the 3rd best defence in the league. Behind Aston Villa and Woolwich.

Do you think Aston Villa and Woolwich have a better chance at winning the league than us?

Well, if we want to win the league, we need to win more games than everyone else.

With Kane and Son, it's likely we'll win many.

They say titles are won on defences. We have the 3rd best defence in the league. Behind Aston Villa and Woolwich.

Do you think Aston Villa and Woolwich have a better chance at winning the league than us?
But we haven't played any top 6 teams yet except Manure who had a bad defence day of their own.
I hope Rodon becomes a star but another strong defender would be brilliant.
Just look at Pool who, having lost Van dike are not looking bright even though they have a good attack.

But we haven't played any top 6 teams yet except Manure who had a bad defence day of their own.
I hope Rodon becomes a star but another strong defender would be brilliant.
Just look at Pool who, having lost Van dike are not looking bright even though they have a good attack.

We knocked Chelsea out of the cup.

With van Dijk, they conceded 3 goals to newly promoted Leeds and 7 goals to barely survived Aston Villa.

And yet we have dropped enough points that would have put us top.
We were lucky that Kane has cleared 2 away recently and we have given away silly penalties.
Toby can look slow
Sanchez looks dodgy
Dier is always likely to give a chance
Davies could be a possibility
Let's hope Rodon emerges quickly.
If we want to win this league we need to measure by higher standards ?
Ironic coming from the geezer who started a thread about us winning the league

Is Skrinier genuinely THE man or merely a 'man of the hour'?

i.e. Was he top of our list and the man we wanted to build a back 4 around or simply the best option likely available at the time?

Is Skrinier genuinely THE man or merely a 'man of the hour'?

i.e. Was he top of our list and the man we wanted to build a back 4 around or simply the best option likely available at the time?
Available has something to do with it. I sense Mourinho wants a made solution for now(25/26yo), not a 'prospect' like Fofana (who looks a great buy for Leicester) or Gabriel.

Maybe Mourinho was clued into Skriniar when he appeared to be elite 2 years ago and was linked with top clubs. I've not seen him regularly enough to know if he is that to be honest, but he's looked a smart defender and a good ball player when I have.

Back
Top Bottom