Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Current PL squad:

HG (8) - Hart, Doherty, CCV, Davies, Winks, Dele, Kane, Bale
Non-HG (17) - Lloris, Gazzaniga, Aurier, Davinson, Toby, Dier, Foyth, Reguilon, Sissoko, Gedson, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Bergwijn, Lucas, Lamela
U21 (doesn't have to be registered) - Austin, Whiteman, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Cirkin, White, Clarke

If we sign Skriniar, one of the Non-HG players have to drop out, presumably that would be Foyth. But it becomes interesting who drops out if we sign Milik or another foreign backup striker. You could make an argument for a number of these players to drop out, my guess would be Gazzaniga or maybe Aurier leaves by that point.

In order of preference.

1. Gedson.
2. Foyth.
3. Sissoko
4. Aurier (If replaced)
5. Lucas or Lamela

He's not stupid, he's a gambler, sometimes gamblers hit the jackpot and sometimes they get nothing.
That is one thing Daniel Levy definitely isn't. I seriously doubt he has ever gambled a penny in his life. The guy is an accountant, born to balance books and haggle the price of something down to the bone. Gamblers come in two categories as you said, Winners and Losers. He would never take the risk of being the latter in any sort of financial deal. Call him lots of other things but a 'gambler' no, never.

That is one thing Daniel Levy definitely isn't. I seriously doubt he has ever gambled a penny in his life. The guy is an accountant, born to balance books and haggle the price of something down to the bone. Gamblers come in two categories as you said, Winners and Losers. He would never take the risk of being the latter in any sort of financial deal. Call him lots of other things but a 'gambler' no, never.

Yeh, seems a strange accusation given he's so often criticised for being risk averse.

I'm not too bothered about getting another CB, we have 6 I just want a striker in.

If that’s the case then you haven’t a fucking notion. Just because we have 6 it doesn’t mean we are sorted. Out of all of them I would only have tanganga

Must go

Gedson
Rose
Foyth
Lamela
Sissoko

I would replace Lamela with Moura, in part because I think we can fool a team in to paying more and in part because it takes away Jose's ability to overplay him. Jose seems to use Lamela in way that makes a lot more sense.

But really I am fine with moving both for younger players that are creative and/or can help us break down a parked bus.

Conte doesn't pick him cause he doesn't suit his system.

It's not because he's slow" sure Diego Godin starts every game!

In order of preference.

1. Gedson.
2. Foyth.
3. Sissoko
4. Aurier (If replaced)
5. Lucas or Lamela

Would love to get rid of Gedson, he serves no purpose anymore. He was brought in to give us another midfield player when it looked like Sissoko would miss the rest of the season. Why we made the loan 18 months is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom