Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.....Yet you demand Zaha.

Bambi on ice.
Big fish in a small pond.
Opted for big contract over better team.
Same position.
Older.
Gooner.
Why are you always like this?
I made a little jokey comment in response to what was happening in the moment in the middle of a match, I didn't seriously 'demand Zaha'. And also, Zaha is nowhere near the superstar glamour signing that Dybala is, he would never be considered a big fish at Spurs and I would never expect us to pay more or the same amount for him as Dybala. It's not at all the same thing.

Why are you always like this?
I made a little jokey comment in response to what was happening in the moment in the middle of a match, I didn't seriously 'demand Zaha'. And also, Zaha is nowhere near the superstar glamour signing that Dybala is, he would never be considered a big fish at Spurs and I would never expect us to pay more or the same amount for him as Dybala.

Meh.... Like what? ...You're allowed to spew a diatribe out against a player you don't fancy, but I'm not?

I just happen to disagree and think Zaha by contrast would be a terrible buy when you consider he'd cost as much, if not more... Even more so given there's a degree of contradiction to your reasoning.

It's not at all the same thing.

Care to explain what kind of 'thing' it is then?

Meh.... Like what? ...You're allowed to spew a diatribe out against a player you don't fancy, but I'm not?

I just happen to disagree and think Zaha by contrast would be a terrible buy when you consider he'd cost as much, if not more... Even more so given there's a degree of contradiction to your reasoning.

Care to explain what kind of 'thing' it is then?
Like a try-hard weirdo who keeps track of what everyone says out of context and tries to turn everything into a court trial argument for no reason. There was no 'diatribe' against him you melodramatic sob, I basically said that I don't think he is the profile of player that we need for the cost. I didn't compare him to Zaha, I never seriously suggested that we must buy Zaha, and I certainly never said that we should buy Zaha instead of Dybala; you brought that up out of nowhere even though it's completely irrelevant to this thread and my post. I'm done arguing with you, it's always so tedious.

Like a try-hard weirdo who keeps track of what everyone says out of context and tries to turn everything into a court trial argument for no reason. There was no 'diatribe' against him you melodramatic sob, I basically said that I don't think he is the profile of player that we need for the cost.

"constant diva drama, greed and bullshit."

:kanehand:

...Or are these compliments???

I didn't compare him to Zaha,

No, I did.

I never seriously suggested that we must buy Zaha

You posted as much.... If you wanna subsequently play the "I was joking" card; c'est la vie.

and I certainly never said that we should buy Zaha instead of Dybala; you brought that up out of nowhere even though it's completely irrelevant to this thread and my post.

Well seeing as they are both linked names, play in similar positions and would leave a similarly significant dent in our player budget they're not as unrelated as you insist.

I'm done arguing with you, it's always so tedious.

Smashing.... See you next time, you tart. :dembelefingers:

The more I watch him, the less impressed I am with him. Watched him play for Argentina last week, he was poor against Uruguay and didn’t do much against Mexico after coming at halftime for Martinez, who had a 1st half hat trick. His best position is as a second striker or 10 role, given the variety of options we have in those positions (with everyone fit), I’m not too sure he’s all that better than any of them.

"constant diva drama, greed and bullshit."

:kanehand:

...Or are these compliments???

No, I did.

You posted as much.... If you wanna subsequently play the "I was joking" card; c'est la vie.

Well seeing as they are both linked names, play in similar positions and would leave a similarly significant dent in our player budget they're not as unrelated as you insist.

Smashing.... See you next time, you tart. :dembelefingers:
I don't know how old you are, but for your sake I hope you are a teenager, cause if you are a grown man and take all this forum point scoring shit so seriously, god help you man.

I don't know how old you are, but for your sake I hope you are a teenager, cause if you are a grown man and take all this forum point scoring shit so seriously, god help you man.

"I'm done arguing with you"

Cool story bro. :llorishuh:

maybe Ronaldo then lol

He was subbed and apparently left early.
Joking aside, fucking sort this Levy.

Ronaldo is not 100% and therefore must leave room for Dybala, Higuain, Douglas Costa.

He got angry for the replacement but has 31 million good reasons (in €) to accept Sarri's choices

They will not sell him now and he will not want to come here anymore anyway. Lots of the exciting players we were linked with before will not be interested anymore. We’ve shredded our reputation as a top club in the space of 4 months.

They will not sell him now and he will not want to come here anymore anyway. Lots of the exciting players we were linked with before will not be interested anymore. We’ve shredded our reputation as a top club in the space of 4 months.

I don’t think we are going to sign Dybala but our reputation is not done after four months. We still have all the infrastructure in place and our financial future is secure. We aren’t going to be out of the running for top Euro players as long as Kane, Son, Ndombele, etc stay.

I don’t think we are going to sign Dybala but our reputation is not done after four months. We still have all the infrastructure in place and our financial future is secure. We aren’t going to be out of the running for top Euro players as long as Kane, Son, Ndombele, etc stay.

The infrastructure doesn’t mean anything. Chelsea‘s ban will be over in January and they will be after all the same players as us, what gave us an edge was being able to offer CL football. Now we will have to complete purely on salary which we will never do with Levy in charge.

The infrastructure doesn’t mean anything. Chelsea‘s ban will be over in January and they will be after all the same players as us, what gave us an edge was being able to offer CL football. Now we will have to complete purely on salary which we will never do with Levy in charge.

Ndombele is rumored to be making like 200k/week, Kane is making that much. We aren’t pinching for pennies anymore and three high earners in Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are going to be off the wage bill.

Ndombele is rumored to be making like 200k/week, Kane is making that much. We aren’t pinching for pennies anymore and three high earners in Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are going to be off the wage bill.
Their combined wages would probably only be enough for someone like Ndombele. Anyway, I want to try to emulate what Leicester are doing. Let Chelsea chase established stars if that's what they want to do.

Back
Top Bottom