Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ronaldo is such a twat. You only bought him for marketing reasons. 34 is he? He's finished by the end of the year. He'll be a Instagram model and SkySports entertainer from now on.

Ronaldo is a great champion who has raised the level of the team in addition to marketing-related speeches (important for the company's income). It is clear that he cannot be physically fit for all the matches so he must accept the turn over. Dybala, Higuain, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi, Ramsey etc. will rotate to have the owners always at the top

They will not sell him now and he will not want to come here anymore anyway. Lots of the exciting players we were linked with before will not be interested anymore. We’ve shredded our reputation as a top club in the space of 4 months.

Your reputation is still high but it is normal that every year you have to remain among the top 4 of the PL otherwise leaving the CL the budget decreases and therefore the possibility of taking samples.

If the position on his Commercial Rights has changed, meaning the court case has been resolved then possibly if not, no fucking chance.

Their combined wages would probably only be enough for someone like Ndombele. Anyway, I want to try to emulate what Leicester are doing. Let Chelsea chase established stars if that's what they want to do.
Think this is the route we will have to go down. Considering that Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen likely leave on frees and it looking bleak for us to make Champions League . Leicester's recruitment has been sensational, Pereira, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison. All five walk into our team.

Think this is the route we will have to go down. Considering that Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen likely leave on frees and it looking bleak for us to make Champions League . Leicester's recruitment has been sensational, Pereira, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison. All five walk into our team.
Whatever the rights and wrongs about all the Pochettino In-Pochettino Out, Levy and Enic arguments and so on, I'm pretty certain that the vast majority want to see our scouting/recruitment department given an almighty shake-up

Whatever the rights and wrongs about all the Pochettino In-Pochettino Out, Levy and Enic arguments and so on, I'm pretty certain that the vast majority want to see our scouting/recruitment department given an almighty shake-up
Agreed. Our scouting department needs a full rebuild.

This thread is like an ad for a winning a lottery that pops up on your Facebook page. Dude is killing it at Juve this season.
Is he? Scored a few goals but has been on the bench more than he’s started.
He would have been an interesting signing sure, but I honestly don’t think he would make real material difference to us to be totally honest.

Is he? Scored a few goals but has been on the bench more than he’s started.

He's been thriving this season for the time he has gotten on the pitch. He single-handedly won them the UCL game against Lokomotiv and scored the winning goal last match against AC Milan after coming on the 55th minute. He scored in some other games like Inter and Lecce too.

Also, I thought his first touch has seemed to improved a lot compared to before. While like you said that he hasn't played that much, from what I've seen from him on the pitch he looks more like 2015/16 Dybala than the lacklustre former seasons.

While I guess it's kinda stupid to even talk about him coming here, I agree with you that he should not be a priority. Not the position we are desperate of changing and too much of a risk imo, as he seems to be a very hot and cold player. I think he's going to stay at Juventus for a long time as long as he's doing okay to good, he really seems to love that club.

Last edited:
What on earth is this fascination with Dybala? He has zero pace and a poor work ethic. We are already stocked to the rafters with players with no pace (particularly Harry Kane) and every week you are crying out for a return to a high-intensity style of play. What is your plan for him? Direct competition for Kane? Partner for Kane? #10?

What on earth is this fascination with Dybala? He has zero pace and a poor work ethic. We are already stocked to the rafters with players with no pace (particularly Harry Kane) and every week you are crying out for a return to a high-intensity style of play. What is your plan for him? Direct competition for Kane? Partner for Kane? #10?

* Hear rumour.
* Rumoured player becomes essential to our future.
* Rinse & repeat.

How many people had a hard on for Dybala (a perfectly know quantity) before the rumours started circling last summer? :kanehand:

How many people had a hard on for Dybala (a perfectly know quantity) before the rumours started circling last summer? :kanehand:

:freund:

Always had a second for Isco too, coz that's how I roll.

He comes from Benalmádena, where my in-laws have a gaff. I've long entertained a fantasy whereby we bump into each other on the promenade, we go for beers and grilled sardines on the beach and I convince him to come to N17

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom