Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are actually talking as if not signing someone was better in the old days.
Did you mean 'good' old days ?.
Huge difference with this is that last year he was out of favour and his value was low. Now he's coming off the back of another title success and regular appearances. If he was to become available I couldn't see us out muscling Utd in the transfer fee required even if we did decide to go after him.

"That's when I was contacted and there were some clubs that were interested in me. Among those were Manchester United and Tottenham.

"I think for a long time there were conversations, then Paris Saint-Germain also appeared.

"I did not speak directly to any of them, but there were conversations with the clubs. "

-------------------

Interesting. I always just thought it was bullshit from the get go.

v8T0Jzp.jpg

"That's when I was contacted and there were some clubs that were interested in me. Among those were Manchester United and Tottenham.

"I think for a long time there were conversations, then Paris Saint-Germain also appeared.

"I did not speak directly to any of them, but there were conversations with the clubs. "

-------------------

Only levy failed though remember
Utd and PSG didn’t fail even though he stayed at Juve

It was totally Poch that his agent talked to us.
I bet he was rubbing his hands together at the thought of being pushed into deep central midfield so Dele could play in his position.

And his agent talking to Utd was because he wanted to play for Ole too.

Last edited:
Did you mean 'good' old days ?.
Huge difference with this is that last year he was out of favour and his value was low. Now he's coming off the back of another title success and regular appearances. If he was to become available I couldn't see us out muscling Utd in the transfer fee required even if we did decide to go after him.
A bit of both......he’s higher stock now as you say, and we are no longer CL and have the least money of Utd and PSG.

But it’s probably easier to convince him now we are in transition with a world class manager than it was last year with a depressed squad who had just lost the CL and everyone wanting to leave.

Big difference between the end of an era and the beginning. Straw clutching a bit, but still a factor.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Poch was still locked in his bedroom around this time. He had long since checked out.
Poch had checked out in the pre match presser before the CL final.
Took his eye off the ball, assumed we would win “because Harry Kane“, and came up short. Again.

Fairly sure players like Dybala take things like that into consideration.

-------------------

Levy needed to convince Poch he was getting backed. He loves an un-signable player to pursue. It makes it look like he's serious when we all know it won't happen. I think every manager that we have had has been through that process since Levy - the unicorn chase.

Hoddle - Rivaldo
Jol - Not sure, must be one/some
Ramos - Not there long enough
Redknapp - Assume about 49 players
AVB - Moutinho/Hulk/Leandro/
Poch - Dybala and more

Wasn't Dybala involved in 'image rights' and/or 3rd party ownership that got in the way this time last year?

Sounds like it was a mess Levy didn't wanna clean up... even if Poch didn't seem to mind!

Back
Top Bottom