Have we signed Porto's Zé Luís yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is not better than anything Porto has. Pepe, Marcano and mbemba are solid and Diogo leite a young lad on pair with foyth

The more I hear about this then the less I'm believing it. Linked with Piatek, Barbosa, Llorente even had Benteke linked. Based on him only being at Porto for a little while and you saying he's your best striker this one doesn't add up to me.

From what you've said and his cameo YouTube videos he looks ideal for squad depth, good feet, strong in the air but two hours ago I'd never heard of him so let's see how this one goes but I fancy it's just silly season in full swing. Appreciate your info on him Nabs.

Last edited:
Got any better ideas?

I reckon Levy is on board. Can easy flog em to newcastle for twice the price

This and the one from Benfica don't seem well thought out transfers, there the kind of things Woolwich started doing when they started to become shit. Better to think long term. This season is a write off in all probability, better to start planning for next season.

This and the one from Benfica don't seem well thought out transfers, there the kind of things Woolwich started doing when they started to become shit. Better to think long term. This season is a write off in all probability, better to start planning for next season.

Ze Luis got 14 goals in Russia last season and has 7 in 12 this season. Maybe he's reaching his peak years and the gaffer has seen something. Gedson for £3.5m initially on loan whilst Sissoko is out looks like a deal too good to not be had as well in all honesty.

We laid out roughly £150m's worth of commitment last summer and we clearly need to reinforce areas such as DM, CB, RB, long term GK etc I've got no qualms with a few strategic moves for a CM and a backup FWD if it means funds can and will be used in more pressing departments.

Last edited:
D-e7jK1XYAEnSTt

So all of those who were bitching about 24yo Piatek who set Serie A on fire and is starter for Polish national team "being one hit wonder", "only scored 4 goals for Milan this season" and whatever more.

Hope you are reeeeaaallyyy effing pumped for signing a 29yo Cape Verde player who has ONCE in last 10 years reached double figures in league campaign (last season, exactly 10 goals in Russian league)...

We were linked with fernandes last summer and had him visit the club in December. I think he may well of been on the radar for a while.

A striker back up striker loan or purchase is something Mourinho wants. We want a short term deal so are looking at players. I suspect this guy is an option.

I reckon nothing will happen on the striker front until closer to the end of the window as other options might appear before then. Obviously it would be good to get someone integrated ASAP though.

I like the look of him, I don’t know why some people expect a world class striker to want to come and play back up.

This might even be a 6 month loan until the end of the season in which case it really is no risk business.

The difference between us and woolwich is that we can just send these players back if they turn out shit. We still have a strong core of players, If Jose wants these new loan players to try and rescue the season before the summer reset then fuck it give them to him.

Can see how it works for us, cheap 6 month stop gap but it doesn't really add up for Porto.7 in 12 in League is a decent return in their league why would they let him go on loan?

Back
Top Bottom