Tanner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What stage is this deal at?

• Who?

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Interested

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Monitoring

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • We Tried

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Gazzumped

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • #Herewego

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's signed, hazzah!!!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's gone to Liverpool (Marine FC to be precise...)

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
From Lewes FC

'Lewes Football Club would like to confirm that whilst the club and a Premier League club agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of Ollie Tanner, Ollie and the Premier Club were not ultimately able to agree personal terms and he remains a Lewes FC player'

I believe he did receive a few strong responses and was missing from today’s game, apparently with an injury that wasn’t there yesterday.

Social media is a fucking cesspit. Stuff you post for 'likes' when you are kid come back to bite you on the arse. That might have been his one and only chance at the big time.
He was an idiot but I think the Twitter bullying went over the top.

I'm a bit late to this one, what are these disgusting things he's said?

I've followed this account more or less since it started. I know one of them who started it, lovely bloke, the account I think is one of the best Tottenham fan accounts to follow. But over the last 2 years or so, as it's grown, it's become a fucking embarrassment. What happens is there are about four of them now that run the account which makes their posting activity appear very schizophrenic as each poster is very different from the other.

The post above is simply out of order. When you have 45k followers there comes with that a responsibility about what you post. Were it not for that post 99.99% of fans wouldn't have a clue who he was let alone know about anything that he posts on social media when he was FIFTEEN years old!!

We currently have 4 other lads that I'm aware of playing at Spurs who are ex-Woolwich and staunch Woolwich fans!!! At least THREE of these had to delete posts when they were kids too, where's the outrage here?

Even posters on here complaining about what he posted, yet some of the same posters calling Kane far, far worse with posts in his thread this summer and beginning of this season!!! Should their posts be framed and posted online by @lilywhiterose so their 45k Spurs followers can abuse them?

Embarrassing!

Social media is a fucking cesspit. Stuff you post for 'likes' when you are kid come back to bite you on the arse. That might have been his one and only chance at the big time.
He was an idiot but I think the Twitter bullying went over the top.

The sooner schools get on the case and make Social Media a proper and multi-facetted part of the curriculum from an early age the better........

It's sickening and sad in equal measure seeing what goes on between my step-neice and her school crowd (mates isn't really the right word)..... The social and peer pressure they stoke is immense and they can't see how they're screwing each other's heads up and that it'll all come back to bite them in the short and/or long terms..... Let alone that they're oblivious to how they're being manipulated and marketed to left right and center.

Last edited:
He doesn't look anything special and he's miles away from a PL player. He will struggle to get into our under 23's right now. He's purely being signed to flip him to a lower league club in a year or 2.

And he's a gooner cunt.What could possibly go wrong?

I'm a bit late to this one, what are these disgusting things he's said?
The usual stuff about Kane being a slobbering mongoloid. Also an Woolwich fan. Tasteless, but the guy was a child. Personally feel the reaction of our fans to this on social media has been a bit embarrassing.

Media spinning it to make us look like cunts. What a surprise. Why this signing got so much interest I’ll never know. He’s basically an under 23 signing.

Whatever the actual reason for this not going through, you have to admit that failing to agree personal terms with a non league player is the cherry on top for the three stooges' slapstick TW offerings so far.

I mean this has to be a nadir right? Like they have just been trolling the fans thus far and are now going to take their jobs seriously?

That or they'll all forget to set their alarms for Monday morning and sleep in until 23.01...
Problem was, the 'personal terms' he rejected involved him having to wear a Spurs shirt during matches....

....and as the WHOLE WORLD knows by now, he's a Gooner, right? No wonder he turned down such unacceptable terms!

Back
Top Bottom