Tanner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What stage is this deal at?

• Who?

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Interested

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Monitoring

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • We Tried

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Gazzumped

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • #Herewego

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • He's signed, hazzah!!!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • He's gone to Liverpool (Marine FC to be precise...)

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
19 year old lower leagues player who we had been courting to join our u23 team as a striker.

Turns out that he is a Gooner and had chatted shit about us and Kane on his twitter when he was like 15-16, as kids are known to do.

So of course the more weaponised section of our online fandom found out and started abusing him. So he opted to not sign for us.
Gotcha. He was hounded for that? Bloody hell.

Wasn't this the same thing Harvey Elliot did to Kane a few years back when he was still at Fulham?? (not that we were interested in signing him mind, Liverpool were welcome to him!!)

He is 19 years old. When are u stop being a kid? Seriously.
He was 15 when he posted apparently.

But hey, even if not let's have grown men on the internet abuse a kid because that's just a fantastic look for everyone to get behind. Many (on here) have said far worse about Kane in this very forum!!! Do you think their posts should be screenshot and posted online by a prominent Fan Account for an abusive pile on with them too?

People need to get a fucking life.

Thats not the reason why he didn’t join though. He didn’t want to come and play in the under 23s, he wanted league football. I suspect he will join an EFL club.
I strongly suspect that's BS (yes I've seen the tweets from his manager at Lewes) but he's turning down a lotto ticket, even if it doesn't work out at Spurs, which is highly likely, just being on Spurs books would open doors for him at other EFL Clubs + he would have earned enough money to set him up for life (buy a modest house outright) etc...

I'm guessing here of course, I've never heard of him before now so nothing to base my assumption on other than what has preceded before in the history of the game when a Pro Football Club comes knocking you take it, let alone a top 6 PL Team! If he doesn't join Brighton, who were apparently also looking to bring him in then I'm more than happy to revise my thoughts, as at least it would be consistent with his thought process here.

Back
Top Bottom